Thread: Knives and the Second Amendment

Knives and the Second Amendment

"By David Kopel on November 23, 2013 6:14 pm The Second Amendment guarantees the right to keep and bear “Arms”–not solely “firearms.” While firearms have always been the paradigmatic Second Amendment arm, there are many other types of arms which are protected by the Second Amendment. By far the most common of the other arms are knives.

Now at the printer is the first detailed scholarly analysis of Knives and the Second Amendment. 47 University of Michigan Journal of Law Reform, vol. 47, pages 167-215 (Fall 2013). "

http://www.volokh.com/2013/11/23/kni...ond-amendment/

Free registration required http://ssrn.com/abstract=2238223
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Banned
    Sorry, but I will not register....can you pdf it and possible send it to me via email?

Banned
    Registration required kinda kills a topic, don't it?

Anyone got a free link?

I am very interested in unlicensed carry of arms, including guns and knives.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Sorry, but I will not register....can you pdf it and possible send it to me via email?
    OK, but it ain't right.

Will not load for me, but this thread should have been posted in the accessories subforum. It is where knife talk has been put in the past.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Knives as arms other than firearms, and not accessories.

The paper, by Dave Kopel, a "scholarly analysis", is about the Second Amendment and the concept of knives as arms other than firearms, and not about knives as accessories. The moderator is busy enough, though did you press the whinge button?

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    The paper, by Dave Kopel, a "scholarly analysis", is about the Second Amendment and the concept of knives as arms other than firearms, and not about knives as accessories. The moderator is busy enough, though did you press the whinge button?
    No I didn't I was just trying to help if you wanted to ask to move the thread. You know the rules, as well as I do whether we agree with them or not. It is not my site and I am here on grace of the owner and the mods. I try as much as possible to follow the rules, honestly it would not make any difference if the thread was posted in the accessories thread, and be left alone by the mods.

There are times breaking the rules can't be helped, and times it just is easier to go with the flow.

BTW about the only thing that makes me hit the button is banned members posting with a duplicate account. It is not fair to the rest of the members who try to follow the rules to have a banned member sneak back in after breaking the rules to the extreme.
    Last edited by WalkingWolf; 11-25-2013 at 12:26 PM.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump