Thread: Sig Sauer Mosquito 22

Sig Sauer Mosquito 22

Does anyone have/shoot the Mosquito what are your thoughts on it as a plinking gun? picking one up next week.

Sig Sauer Mosquito 22

It is a nice little .22 pistol. It comes with 2 recoil springs, one stronger than the other. I have noticed that it is fussy about kind of ammo that you use, but other than that, it's a good gun.
    There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible to live without breaking laws. AYN RAND

Same as gunslinger. Once I found the ammo it liked, it runs perfectly.
    Lower the crime rate by lowering the criminal survival rate!
    When people say 'God Bless America' I'm sure He says, "I gave you Texas!"

SIG Sauer does not actually make the Mosquito. GSG does. Many of them are hit & miss with reliability. Per the owners manual you should use CCI Mini Mags for best function. If not using those you need to swap out the supplied extra recoil spring. Keep it lubed properly. I had one and it was just ok. Have seen them at the range and some couldn't run 50 rounds without failures of all sorts.

It's a nice little pistol, bought one for my wife but as other have stated, it is very picky on ammo. Loves CCI but will hardly cycle with Other brands (Like the 550 rd boxes of Remington, won't even eject every shell). I did have a friend buy a Sig 1911 style 22. Never shot it but my friend said it was great and ate up all different brands of ammo.

SS Mosquito .22

I've had my Mosquito a little over a year, and have only used CCI Hi Velosity ammo. It has been flawless when using
    quality ammo. It dose stumble a lot with standard .22 LR ,naked lead shells. When it's fed Hi Velosity plated bullets
    no problems and it's a joy to shoot.

......................Jack