• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Sig Sauer Mosquito 22

gunslinger493

It is a nice little .22 pistol. It comes with 2 recoil springs, one stronger than the other. I have noticed that it is fussy about kind of ammo that you use, but other than that, it's a good gun.

WA_G32

SIG Sauer does not actually make the Mosquito. GSG does. Many of them are hit & miss with reliability. Per the owners manual you should use CCI Mini Mags for best function. If not using those you need to swap out the supplied extra recoil spring. Keep it lubed properly. I had one and it was just ok. Have seen them at the range and some couldn't run 50 rounds without failures of all sorts.

Kebler414

It's a nice little pistol, bought one for my wife but as other have stated, it is very picky on ammo. Loves CCI but will hardly cycle with Other brands (Like the 550 rd boxes of Remington, won't even eject every shell). I did have a friend buy a Sig 1911 style 22. Never shot it but my friend said it was great and ate up all different brands of ammo.

Spooler41

SS Mosquito .22

I've had my Mosquito a little over a year, and have only used CCI Hi Velosity ammo. It has been flawless when using
quality ammo. It dose stumble a lot with standard .22 LR ,naked lead shells. When it's fed Hi Velosity plated bullets
no problems and it's a joy to shoot.

......................Jack