Thread: Cop rapist -- guberment refuses FOIA request -- typical attempt to cover up

Banned

Cop rapist -- guberment refuses FOIA request -- typical attempt to cover up

SAN ANTONIO -- Officer Jackie Neal, 40, was in full uniform, in a marked squad car and on-duty when he made a traffic stop Friday morning and sexually assaulted a 19-year-old woman, according to the San Antonio Police Department.....

Neal was suspended back in September, according to an agenda for the San Antonio Police and Firefighter Civil Service Commission.
    KENS 5 requested the internal affairs paperwork regarding that suspension in mid-September. Nearly 80 days later, the city has simply not filled the request.

http://www.kens5.com/news/On-duty-of...233147741.html

Why would it take 80+ days for a FOIA request response?? Part of an attempted cover up most likely... hard to cover up a rape though.

If the victim would have shot the perp in the act I wonder how that would have turned out?
    NRA Certified Instructor
    NRA Chief Range Safety Officer
    Front Sight Distinguished Graduate, Handgun, Glock 35 and Glock 23
    FFL Type 7, Class 2 SOT (Licensed NFA Firearms Manufacturer)
    If you CCW, consider the benefits of joining CCWSafe.com.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianB View Post
    If the victim would have shot the perp in the act I wonder how that would have turned out?
    Likely not well for the woman....they would have destroyed any of that FOIA requested records for sure...

Serious question, how is the Suspension covered under FOIA? And how is it relevant to the current case against him? How are they covering it up? He had a warrant issued (seems promptly) and then they arrested him. Am I missing something?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Primus View Post
    Serious question, how is the Suspension covered under FOIA? And how is it relevant to the current case against him? How are they covering it up? He had a warrant issued (seems promptly) and then they arrested him. Am I missing something?
    I think, from my reading, that the disciplinary action (which are available under FOIA) had nothing to do with his current rape charge.

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post

Why would it take 80+ days for a FOIA request response?? Part of an attempted cover up most likely... hard to cover up a rape though.
    In most states police personnel records are mostly exempted from public disclosure.

The most common way they are obtained through a court order called a "pitches motion" but that basically only occurs when a cop is arrested or being sued and a judge has to approve it.

I have filed at least 20 public records request for police personnel files and have been denied everytime.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by onus View Post
    In most states police personnel records are mostly exempted from public disclosure.

The most common way they are obtained through a court order called a "pitches motion" but that basically only occurs when a cop is arrested or being sued and a judge has to approve it.

I have filed at least 20 public records request for police personnel files and have been denied everytime.
    Generally, records relating to disciplinary matters are open.

Other news sources are doing a better job of uncovering this incident's dark side.

"Police Chief William McManus said a different woman made a similar complaint against Neal a few years ago. The date of that incident was not immediately available.

McManus said that woman later refused to cooperate in a police investigation, so it wasn't pursued. There were no consequences for Neal at the time."

I wonder if police intimidation played a part in the victim withdrawing cooperation.

"Neal was suspended in September for three days for dating an 18-year-old member of the Police Explorer program about two years ago. The program is meant to encourage young people to consider a career in law enforcement.

Officers are forbidden from fraternizing with members of the program for people 14 to 21 years old."

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/loc...pe-5005742.php

I am wondering if the foot dragging on the FOIA requests might not be an attempt to cover up city culpability in turning a blind eye to the indicators of a predator in their midst. A request submitted to the police regarding the police, and the police having the ability and motivation to sidestep / stonewall that request, and this is whatcha get. This will be the norm until we get citizen review with binding citizen recourse.
    Liberty is so strongly a part of human nature that it can be treated as a no-lose argument position.
    ~Citizen

From the cop’s perspective, the expression “law-abiding citizen” is a functional synonym for “Properly obedient slave".

"People are not born being "anti-cop" and believing we live in a police state. That is a result of experience."