Thread: ....... Open carry day.......

....... Open carry day.......

You need to get a National chain to have a Very Well Advertised and Publicized....... OPEN CARRY DAY.......

But it can't be a Sporting goods Store. Needs to be Sears or Walmart or Home Depot or even Shell Stations.

Something that makes a statement !

Think of the business they would generate on that day and earn many new loyal customers.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 11-25-2013 at 09:03 PM. Reason: Edited all bold font

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    That has been tossed about for years. Problem is most retail establishments want the money from both sides of that fence.

IMO - it is enough that most places maintain a careful neutrality, yet still do not prevent the legally armed from patronizing them.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by speed5racer View Post
    You need to get a National chain to have a Very Well Advertised and Publicized....... OPEN CARRY DAY.......

But it can't be a Sporting goods Store. Needs to be Sears or Walmart or Home Depot or even Shell Stations.

Something that makes a statement !

Think of the business they would generate on that day and earn many new loyal customers.
    Welcome to OCDO!!! I see you're in Hammond. OC there often?

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    That has been tossed about for years. Problem is most retail establishments want the money from both sides of that fence.

IMO - it is enough that most places maintain a careful neutrality, yet still do not prevent the legally armed from patronizing them.
    I agree look no further than the push on Starbucks now we are requested not to carry there.

Quote Originally Posted by R.D. View Post
    I agree look no further than the push on Starbucks now we are requested not to carry there.
    Starbucks was very neutral on guns, they stayed out of the controversy by stating that they followed the laws of each state. Indeed many different groups had small, quite meet-ups in various Starbucks with considerable regularity w/o problem(s).

Then a group chose to ignore the good in that situation, made a show of force with long guns, went the Youtube route to publicize it, and basically demanded total recognition/acceptance.

IMO - extremely poor public relations that resulted their pushing Starbucks over the line. Who is to blame? I say it is not Starbucks.

Actually Starbucks still doesn't care if you carry a handgun there under the old standard, but I won't and many others are of a similar bent.

Would have been perhaps better if they said "no long guns" in their shops, in much the same way as OCDO limits that topic.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 11-28-2013 at 01:10 PM. Reason: added
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    ...extremely poor public relations that resulted their pushing Starbucks over the line. Who is to blame? I say it is not Starbucks.

Actually Starbucks still doesn't care if you carry a handgun there under the old standard, but I won't and many others are of a similar bent.

Would have been perhaps better if they said "no long guns" in their shops, in much the same way as OCDO limits that topic.
    Agreed on that first point.

But I say that Starbucks does now officially "care" as they publicly disseminated their new official policy that they ask us not to carry. They just "care" the lazy way and won't post the store or say anything if it happens.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Nike gave us the best advice for normalizing open carry~~"Just do it!"

Really do not need open carry days, and doubt most major chains would accept it.
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Originally Posted by Grapeshot
    ...extremely poor public relations that resulted their pushing Starbucks over the line. Who is to blame? I say it is not Starbucks.

Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post

But I say that Starbucks does now officially "care" as they publicly disseminated their new official policy that they ask us not to carry. They just "care" the lazy way and won't post the store or say anything if it happens.
    Ok, then how about we say that they unofficially "look the other way" or overlook someone OCing, and have apparently advised their employees of the same.

SBX had a simple solution by posting two signs, 1~No panhandling/campaigning. 2~We reserve the right to refuse service for any reason.

Problem solved for both sides without getting in the mix.

Oooops forgot sign number 3 and most important, 3~No photographs on SBX property.
    Last edited by WalkingWolf; 11-28-2013 at 02:14 PM.
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Cool

I never was a big fan of Starbucks, so me not doing business there will never be noticed. Same goes for the cinema here in Houma, La they'll never notice me missing there either since they posted there.

Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post

A corporate policy statement of preference is utterly without consequence, value, or meaning.

Corporations do not have preferences. Individuals have preferences. Corporations do have rights, and policies may be formulated to decide how their rights will be exercised. But a corporate statement of preference a fantastical description of that which does not, and cannot, meaningfully exist.

I do not frequent Starbucks now (nor did I before), but their policy statement is empty as thin air.
    Last edited by marshaul; 11-28-2013 at 06:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by marshaul View Post
    A corporate policy statement of preference is utterly without consequence, value, or meaning...
    Agreed on consequence.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip