Thread: Tom & Jeannemarie Davis covet "Republicans who can win"

Richmond, Virginia, USA

Tom & Jeannemarie Davis covet "Republicans who can win"

Uh oh, looking for centrists who can win:
    A group of Virginia Republicans, stung by the loss of the governorship after voters this month rejected Attorney General and Tea Party leader Ken Cuccinelli, are readying what would be one of the toughest intra-party revolts yet against the anti-tax movement.

Former U.S. Representative Tom Davis, who from 1998 to 2002 led House Republicans’ campaign committee, is among those working to create an organization to advocate statewide candidates who he says will be less extreme on such issues as abortion gun rights and more electable.

They also want to pressure the Virginia Republican Party to return to using a primary to select nominees, rather than a party convention, which mostly attracts core activists. That process guaranteed Cuccinelli’s nomination and undercut the more centrist candidate, Republican Lieutenant Governor Bill Bolling.

“I call them Republicans who can win,” Davis said ...
    How desperate can they be? Oh wait:

Ready to Lead (from behind).

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA
    I'd like to see some Republicans who can win too.

Unfortunately, the Republican Party doesn't seem to want that.
    Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population. -Albert Einstein

Thru Death's Door in Wisconsin
    Quote Originally Posted by Tess View Post
    I'd like to see some Republicans who can win too. Unfortunately, the Republican Party doesn't seem to want that.
    Did you hear George F. Will, recently interviewed on FNC, date republican progressivism to Ronald Reagan? You can find the transcript on Meygan Kelly's Fox site.

I heard the interview and I heard Rush Limbaugh's head explode.
    If TRUMP 2016 loses then I will shrug off my WHITE MAN'S BURDEN and leave the world to the Dindus and Done Nuffins. Read and understand Ayn Rand's Atlas Shrugged as a prescription for the future. TRUMP 2016

Founder's Club Member
    Fairfax Co., VA
    Hey, Repeater!

Would you add some description to that Gadsden Flag photo so no new guys get tripped up thinking JeanMarie and Tom represent those ideals. Folks who've been paying attention the last 7-8 years will know, but not necessarily newer readers.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.