• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Tom & Jeannemarie Davis covet "Republicans who can win"

Repeater

Uh oh, looking for centrists who can win:
A group of Virginia Republicans, stung by the loss of the governorship after voters this month rejected Attorney General and Tea Party leader Ken Cuccinelli, are readying what would be one of the toughest intra-party revolts yet against the anti-tax movement.

Former U.S. Representative Tom Davis, who from 1998 to 2002 led House Republicans’ campaign committee, is among those working to create an organization to advocate statewide candidates who he says will be less extreme on such issues as [strike]abortion[/strike] gun rights and more electable.

They also want to pressure the Virginia Republican Party to return to using a primary to select nominees, rather than a party convention, which mostly attracts core activists. That process guaranteed Cuccinelli’s nomination and undercut the more centrist candidate, Republican Lieutenant Governor Bill Bolling.

“I call them Republicans who can win,” Davis said ...

How desperate can they be? Oh wait:
JMDD-tea-party.jpg

Ready to Lead (from behind).

Tess

Founder's Club Member
I'd like to see some Republicans who can win too.

Unfortunately, the Republican Party doesn't seem to want that.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Hey, Repeater!

Would you add some description to that Gadsden Flag photo so no new guys get tripped up thinking JeanMarie and Tom represent those ideals. Folks who've been paying attention the last 7-8 years will know, but not necessarily newer readers.