• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

LA County Sheriffs Upholding Free Press - Gun Related

Maverick9

COME ON, this guy treats you nicely and you disparage.

You've lost my support here with tactics like this. Good job.

onus

COME ON, this guy treats you nicely and you disparage.

You've lost my support here with tactics like this. Good job.

WTF are you talking about ? I didn't disparage anyone. I am clearly giving credit and kudos here. Are you retarded ?

WalkingWolf

Another thread that violates rules. It is not related to OC or RKBA, plus it is long gun. You clearly do not respect the rules of this site.

Don't you ever post any interactions in Idaho, your home state? Or even make a post in the Idaho thread?

WalkingWolf

*****--personal insult deleted by Moderator--******

I thought you would like this thread. It shows good cops doing their job professionally. It shows the police engaging the press freely and releasing information for dissemination to the public. Exactly how government and press is suppose to work. Why aren't you happy ? Are you frustrated that the press did its job professionally ? Are you mad the police didn't victimize anyone ?

Personally I thought the police showed good restraint and showed good judgement in this encounter. In fact, I wrote a good article about the situation for a local newspaper.

You are again violating the rules of the site, both in your responses, and your threads. It is no wonder you were banned under CaP.

Wait you wrote a paper on it, as if it was you who was there. You have indeed admitted to being CaP, a banned member and you are posting on a duplicate account. It is time for Mods to force you to obey the rules, the primary being duplicate account.

Last edited by a moderator:

stealthyeliminator

Wait, what's wrong with this thread again? This DOES cast the sheriff's department in a positive light. Kudos to police is off limits discussion? Ok.

onus

Wait, what's wrong with this thread again? This DOES cast the sheriff's department in a positive light. Kudos to police is off limits discussion? Ok.

some of the resident cry babies get upset and have to up their meds when someone doesn't lick boots.

apparently the mods are bowing to these poor souls.

Primus

See how easy it is ? Even a caveman can do it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNTt5iBB4qY

Pretty sure the disparage part is where you call him a Cave Man.

Here's the issue that shows your true colors. If your intent and goal was to actually promote these guys and give them kudos, you would have said so. Instead you A. bash the guy talking to you buy calling him a caveman even after he does everything you want, B. you use this not to highlight these guys, but to show how bad every other LEO is for NOT letting you sniff around them like a lost puppy.

Also, it's so bad you have to put in the title -Gun Related so people don't assume it's more junk and/or moderators delete it.

BrianB

The OP can speak for himself, but it was clear to me he was complimenting the police. Also I don't think he was insulting the officer and calling him a caveman. I think he was simply saying "see how easy it is not to be a putz to people recording you while you serve the people that pay your salary", but being humorous and keeping things light hearted by using the "so easy a caveman can do it" line from the Geico commercials.

Last edited:

Primus

The OP can speak for himself, but it was clear to me he was complimenting the police. Also I don't think he was insulting the officer and calling him a caveman. I think he was simply saying "see how easy it is not to be a putz to people recording you while you serve the people that pay your salary", but being humorous and keeping things light heated by using the "so easy a caveman can do it" line from the Geico commercials.

If he meant "see how easy it is not to be a putz...." he probably should have said it. He was clear in what he said, he called him a cave man. That's not usually a compliment. Also, his stance on LEOs puts it into context.

onus

The OP can speak for himself, but it was clear to me he was complimenting the police. Also I don't think he was insulting the officer and calling him a caveman. I think he was simply saying "see how easy it is not to be a putz to people recording you while you serve the people that pay your salary", but being humorous and keeping things light heated by using the "so easy a caveman can do it" line from the Geico commercials.

^^^ See, this guy gets it.

onus

Here's the issue that shows your true colors. If your intent and goal was to actually promote these guys and give them kudos, you would have said so. Instead you A. bash the guy talking to you buy calling him a caveman even after he does everything you want, B. you use this not to highlight these guys, but to show how bad every other LEO is for NOT letting you sniff around them like a lost puppy.

Did you see the title of the video ? Did you actually watch the video ?

So what you are saying is that when I make a video complimenting a good cop what I am really doing is highlighting bad cops ?

I think if you watched all of my videos you would see that the vast majority of them are of cops behaving well (by your standards) and by many peoples standards.

I film cops, I don't direct them. I have had many cops tell me they think my videos are fair and objective.

BrianB

If he meant "see how easy it is not to be a putz...." he probably should have said it. He was clear in what he said, he called him a cave man. That's not usually a compliment. Also, his stance on LEOs puts it into context.

Yeah, things that would be amply clear in a spoken conversation often get lost when reduced to writing. Also, prior experience with people colors our preconceived notions of what to expect from them and how we interpret what they say or do. Lastly, not everyone communicates the same way. In my group of friends we use one-liners from movies, commercials, etc. all the time to convey a lot of meaning with few words. Since we have a shared understanding of the back story behind the quote, a conversation that would be meaningless or misleading to a stranger is perfectly clear to us. Because I do a lot of allegorical communication, when I read the OP's "a caveman could do it" in my mind I heard the commercial and there was no confusion for me.

WalkingWolf

Did you see the title of the video ? Did you actually watch the video ?

So what you are saying is that when I make a video complimenting a good cop what I am really doing is highlighting bad cops ?

I think if you watched all of my videos you would see that the vast majority of them are of cops behaving well (by your standards) and by many peoples standards.

I film cops, I don't direct them. I have had many cops tell me they think my videos are fair and objective.

Grapeshot there it is the clear evidence you were looking for that Onus IS CaPatriot. The person who made that video is the same persoin as CaP that posted HIS videos before he was banned. We all knew he was the same person and thumbing his nose at the administration of OCDO. You asked for prove, he just gave it to you.

WolfSlayer

Grapeshot there it is the clear evidence you were looking for that Onus IS CaPatriot. The person who made that video is the same persoin as CaP that posted HIS videos before he was banned. We all knew he was the same person and thumbing his nose at the administration of OCDO. You asked for prove, he just gave it to you.

were you the hall monitor in 3rd grade ? are you still ?

WalkingWolf

The site has rules, most members try hard to follow those rules, it is matter of respect and honor.

Were you one of those children in school who saw how much trouble you could cause. Write on the bathroom wall maybe?