• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

weapons not allowed in a bank?

bomber

Can any ol' employee tell you to leave, or can you insist that the manager/owner do it? Like, if I'm grocery shopping, can a stocker or bagboy tell me to leave, or does the manager on-duty have that power?

Legally, anyone who works there can tell you to leave or disarm and you can either leave, disarm, or face a trespassing charge.

C.R.S. 18-12-214-5

(5) Nothing in this part 2 shall be construed to limit, restrict, or prohibit in any manner the existing rights of a private property owner, private tenant, private employer, or private business entity.

Part of what makes Colorado's gun laws better than other states, in my opinion, is that they are vague and the interpretation is generally taken widely instead of narrowly. What this means for the statute above is that because the line does not exclude employees in the business who are not managers, owners, etc, then the rights of the employee to enforce a no gun policy within the business are valid under existing property rights laws.

Dario

Legally, anyone who works there can tell you to leave or disarm and you can either leave, disarm, or face a trespassing charge.

C.R.S. 18-12-214-5

(5) Nothing in this part 2 shall be construed to limit, restrict, or prohibit in any manner the existing rights of a private property owner, private tenant, private employer, or private business entity.

Part of what makes Colorado's gun laws better than other states, in my opinion, is that they are vague and the interpretation is generally taken widely instead of narrowly. What this means for the statute above is that because the line does not exclude employees in the business who are not managers, owners, etc, then the rights of the employee to enforce a no gun policy within the business are valid under existing property rights laws.

Also,

C.R.S. 18-4-201 (3)
A person “enters unlawfully” or “remains unlawfully” in or upon premises when the person is not licensed, invited, or otherwise privileged to do so. A person who, regardless of his or her intent, enters or remains in or upon premises that are at the time open to the public does so with license and privilege unless the person defies a lawful order not to enter or remain, personally communicated to him or her by the owner of the premises or some other authorized person.

bomber

Also,

C.R.S. 18-4-201 (3)
A person “enters unlawfully” or “remains unlawfully” in or upon premises when the person is not licensed, invited, or otherwise privileged to do so. A person who, regardless of his or her intent, enters or remains in or upon premises that are at the time open to the public does so with license and privilege unless the person defies a lawful order not to enter or remain, personally communicated to him or her by the owner of the premises or some other authorized person.

Yes, thank you

Capn Camo

AWESOME post

asked what I was buying. I said a Kimber 1911. He said sweet, bring it in when you get it. .

HAHAHAHAHA LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

My advice, from experience, is not to get mad, but get MORE than even.

Idiots like that guard need a lesson. Dont try to educate them, put the Management on the spot and him in risk of losing his job, hell "see the light" REAL fast.

Tell Management, not defending yourself but putting the burden of proof on them to cite the applicable law, and that they are there to serve YOU. They will either "help" him see the light in a mystical, cloud parting beams of light from
the Heavens sort of revelation, or lose your business, and this is NOT the time a Bank wants to either or both lose a depositor or get bad press.

Banks, deservedly, have lots of bad press.

I OC or CC in my bank, they are all too glad. They all know it. it helps having money on deposit too.

PS its not a "weapon" its a firearm. BIG difference. "Weapon" is a use. "Firearm" is a tangible piece of personal property you are "bearing"

Using the word "weapon" gives the gun grabbers traction against you. "Firearm I own" puts the burden on them to prove theres some reason you shouldnt be able to posess your lawful
got property (and they are trying)

Last edited:

XDUser

lukaszu,

I OC into any business I don't see a "No Guns" sign. Including Wells Fargo.

The Wells Fargo branch I frequent most [here in Colorado Springs] is @ N. Powers & Briargate Pkwy.

-- cloudcroft (formerly of Galveston, TX)

Same branch I used when I still banked with them. The manager I spoke to my first visit was very friendly and said they felt safer with their OC customers then without.