Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: name something that you're thankful for

Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar

name something that you're thankful for

I'm thankful for my job

Oh and thankful for this forum and the staff that keep it running even though I complain a lot about Grapeshot
    Last edited by stealthyeliminator; 11-28-2013 at 11:56 AM.
    Advocate freedom please

I am thankful that I retired from a successful career.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

I'm thankful for..............

living in a country where we have a bill of rights. There are many places in the world where you have no rights to do or say anything.

Founder's Club Member
    I'm thankful for the efforts of the great philosophers of the last 40,000 years who've lighted the way to freedom and a better world.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    I'm thankful for the efforts of the great philosophers of the last 40,000 years who've lighted the way to freedom and a better world.
    Well said. I am thankful for the giants on whose shoulders we rest our feet of clay. I fear the judgement of history.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Banned
    Thankful that I have the knowledge needed to thwart irresponsible gun control laws. Amen !

I'm thankful I wasn't the first one targeted in a robbery today.

Because it's only a matter of time, right?
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

I am thankful that John M. Browning designed the 1911.

Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by marshaul View Post
    I am thankful that John M. Browning designed the 1911.
    Very nice.
    Advocate freedom please

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    Well said. I am thankful for the giants on whose shoulders we rest our feet of clay. I fear the judgement of history.
    Love it! Well said both posts.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    I'm thankful I wasn't the first one targeted in a robbery today.

Because it's only a matter of time, right?

Your partner is a back-stabber? lol

Kidding - eat some turkey ....

I'm thankful for my boyfriend.

Thankful that I have a wife and four healthy, intelligent daughters.

Quote Originally Posted by RK3369 View Post
    living in a country where we have a bill of rights. There are many places in the world where you have no rights to do or say anything.
    I too am thankful for useless, outdated lists that many people pay little attention to.

It is not the list that insures our rights, it is the people who work to preserve and enhance them. That is what I am thankful for.
    No man alive can beat me in a fair fight: It's not fair to chase a man down and beat him.

It's worth noting that rights are largely redundant if you're a member of the ethnicity/religion/political faction/etc in charge. Sort of by definition, rights are only useful for the people the rest of society would be killing if it weren't illegal.

Quote Originally Posted by Brace View Post
    It's worth noting that rights are largely redundant if you're a member of the ethnicity/religion/political faction/etc in charge. Sort of by definition, rights are only useful for the people the rest of society would be killing if it weren't illegal.
    No.
    No man alive can beat me in a fair fight: It's not fair to chase a man down and beat him.

Great argument.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    No was the best answer to this.

Rights are inherit to individuals at all times.

Do you have the right to life? Does this mean someone can't murder you ? Does the ability erase the right? Does the murderer have redundant rights?
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

I wasn't talking about the existence of rights, just the functionality of them. Money is also redundant to a king. That doesn't make money bad or not-exist. Sorry for being too nuanced, I guess.

Founder's Club Member
    I wasn't talking about the existence of rights, just the functionality of them. Money is also redundant to a king. That doesn't make money bad or not-exist. Sorry for being too nuanced, I guess.
    I wouldn't worry about it too much. I knew what you were talking about, or more precisely, knew what you likely meant.

Readers,

The qualifiers Brace tossed in to that first post are the clue.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Founder's Club Member
    Back to the thread topic.

I am thankful for egg sandwiches. I'll be thankful when manufacturers start making very small frying pans with lids so I can make a proper egg sandwich.

I'll sing their praises when they routinely make a square skillet the size of a bread slice with a matching lid.
    Last edited by Citizen; 11-30-2013 at 02:40 PM.

I'm thankful Obama can't run for a third term; because the ignorant, dependent class would probably reelect him.

... I'll be thankful when manufacturers start making very small frying pans with lids so I can make a proper egg sandwich.

I'll sing their praises when they routinely make a square skillet the size of a bread slice with a matching lid.
    You don't have one of these?

http://www.sportsmanswarehouse.com/s...3169/cat100897
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    No. Because of the size of my kitchen, I'd have to sit in the kitchen sink to hold that over the back burner of the stove.

I just can't believe there's not a market, and good-sized market at that, for egg-sandwich sized pans with matching lids. Jeezus!

No. Because of the size of my kitchen, I'd have to sit in the kitchen sink to hold that over the back burner of the stove.

I just can't believe there's not a market, and good-sized market at that, for egg-sandwich sized pans with matching lids. Jeezus!
    I happen to have an egg sandwich-size pan. I think I got it at my local Smith's.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast