Thread: Gun grabbers and Black Friday at University Village

Gun grabbers and Black Friday at University Village

Gun banners to gather signatures Friday in Seattle

While Evergreen State firearms activists are joining their friends and families today to give thanks for what they have, tomorrow morning in Seattle, gun prohibitionists will be busy once again trying to take it away with a signature gathering effort at University Village in an event staged by the Barack Obama support group, Organizing for Action.

http://www.examiner.com/article/gun-...friday-seattle

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Workman View Post
    Gun banners to gather signatures Friday in Seattle

While Evergreen State firearms activists are joining their friends and families today to give thanks for what they have, tomorrow morning in Seattle, gun prohibitionists will be busy once again trying to take it away with a signature gathering effort at University Village in an event staged by the Barack Obama support group, Organizing for Action.

http://www.examiner.com/article/gun-...friday-seattle
    The state libertarian party so far has decided to unofficially back 591, and will more than likely officially endorse it in the next meeting.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Banned
    591 appears to me to be meaningless other than giving the appearance of being a pro-gun document ..

Am I missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    591 appears to me to be meaningless other than giving the appearance of being a pro-gun document ..

Am I missing something?
    Not really, but it counters the wording of the other initiative and if both pass.......it will be very telling on how the courts rule.

I personally don't like it because it recognizes the supremacy of the feds in a way I find distasteful yet I signed it. Last summer when it first came out.

I would push the button if one existed that would immediately destroy the states involvement in our lives, I want the whole loaf of liberty, I will begrudgingly take it one slice at a time if that is what it takes.

"Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their

Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    Not really, but it counters the wording of the other initiative and if both pass.......it will be very telling on how the courts rule.

I personally don't like it because it recognizes the supremacy of the feds in a way I find distasteful yet I signed it. Last summer when it first came out.

I would push the button if one existed that would immediately destroy the states involvement in our lives, I want the whole loaf of liberty, I will begrudgingly take it one slice at a time if that is what it takes.
    +1, no battle for liberty is too small IMHO
    Throw me to the wolves and I will come back leading the pack.

Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post

Maybe I missed something or read the wrong initiative but, how is this in any way pro-freedom or pro-gun rights? Having to run a background check on a friend before loaning him/her a firearm seems like the opposite of freedom to me. Why should a background check have to be performed by a private seller?
    A wise and frugal Government, which shall restrain men from injuring one another, shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned. This is the sum of good government.- Thomas Jefferson March 4 1801

Quote Originally Posted by END_THE_FED View Post
    Maybe I missed something or read the wrong initiative but, how is this in any way pro-freedom or pro-gun rights? Having to run a background check on a friend before loaning him/her a firearm seems like the opposite of freedom to me. Why should a background check have to be performed by a private seller?
    We shouldn't. There are two initiatives one anti background on a state level and one for background for all sales.