• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gun grabbers and Black Friday at University Village

Dave Workman

Gun banners to gather signatures Friday in Seattle

While Evergreen State firearms activists are joining their friends and families today to give thanks for what they have, tomorrow morning in Seattle, gun prohibitionists will be busy once again trying to take it away with a signature gathering effort at University Village in an event staged by the Barack Obama support group, Organizing for Action.

http://www.examiner.com/article/gun-banners-to-gather-signatures-friday-seattle

sudden valley gunner

Gun banners to gather signatures Friday in Seattle

While Evergreen State firearms activists are joining their friends and families today to give thanks for what they have, tomorrow morning in Seattle, gun prohibitionists will be busy once again trying to take it away with a signature gathering effort at University Village in an event staged by the Barack Obama support group, Organizing for Action.

http://www.examiner.com/article/gun-banners-to-gather-signatures-friday-seattle

The state libertarian party so far has decided to unofficially back 591, and will more than likely officially endorse it in the next meeting.

davidmcbeth

Banned
591 appears to me to be meaningless other than giving the appearance of being a pro-gun document ..

Am I missing something?

sudden valley gunner

591 appears to me to be meaningless other than giving the appearance of being a pro-gun document ..

Am I missing something?

Not really, but it counters the wording of the other initiative and if both pass.......it will be very telling on how the courts rule.

I personally don't like it because it recognizes the supremacy of the feds in a way I find distasteful yet I signed it. Last summer when it first came out.

I would push the button if one existed that would immediately destroy the states involvement in our lives, I want the whole loaf of liberty, I will begrudgingly take it one slice at a time if that is what it takes.

Jeff Hayes

Not really, but it counters the wording of the other initiative and if both pass.......it will be very telling on how the courts rule.

I personally don't like it because it recognizes the supremacy of the feds in a way I find distasteful yet I signed it. Last summer when it first came out.

I would push the button if one existed that would immediately destroy the states involvement in our lives, I want the whole loaf of liberty, I will begrudgingly take it one slice at a time if that is what it takes.

+1, no battle for liberty is too small IMHO

END_THE_FED

Maybe I missed something or read the wrong initiative but, how is this in any way pro-freedom or pro-gun rights? Having to run a background check on a friend before loaning him/her a firearm seems like the opposite of freedom to me. Why should a background check have to be performed by a private seller?

sudden valley gunner

Maybe I missed something or read the wrong initiative but, how is this in any way pro-freedom or pro-gun rights? Having to run a background check on a friend before loaning him/her a firearm seems like the opposite of freedom to me. Why should a background check have to be performed by a private seller?

We shouldn't. There are two initiatives one anti background on a state level and one for background for all sales.