• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Greater Richmond OC Breakfast Saturday 11/30 - 9:30 AM RCD I-95 @ Parham Rd

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
By Saturday we should have gotten over the stupor induced by cranberry sauce and green bean casserole with those fried onion strings and still-condensed cream of mushroom soup. It's possible some folks will even have gotten all the marshmallow that was melted onto the sweet potatoes out of their ears. (What? Are you seriously expecting us to believe you did not dive face first into that bowl?:uhoh:)

RCD appears to be dry turkey with mayo and lettuce sandwhich free http://www.rivercitydiner.com/menu_northside.html# although they do have an open-faced turkey sammich smothered with gravy for the die-hards. http://www.rivercitydiner.com/menu_northside.html#

I have been personally assured that they will not run out of bacon. And that they do not have anything resembling "turkey bacon". Bacon makes anything taste better - even left-over turkey. But why bother frying up some bacon and dragging that carcass out to see if you can find enough for one more sandwhich when you can join us for breakfast hosen by deliberately avoiding turkey?

stay safe.

scouser

they also have, on the occasions it is the 'soup of the day', turkey corn chowder which I can assure you is even better tasting than the potato bacon soup I like

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Turker open-faced sammichs? I could deal with that regularly.

You'll know I'm there when you [strike]see[/strike] hear me :uhoh:

Last edited:

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
the big table to the left this week ?

Looks like that would be a better idea. When you get there before the rest of us, tell Courtney we are expecting a least 5.

You are going to try to be the first one there, aren't you? (There is a prize. We've been lying to you all these years.)

stay safe.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Ended up with 10 of us either trying to catch up or keep up - think that is the same difference :p

Logan helped decorate the Christmas tree - did a good job too :)