Thread: Anti's posting their own "no gun" signs at businesses without permission?? o.O

Anti's posting their own "no gun" signs at businesses without permission?? o.O

Someone in Greensboro had a pretty weird experience with a positive ending.

http://www.ncgunblog.com/2013/11/28/...ti-gun-tactic/
    SIC VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM

μολὼν λαβέ - molṑn labé - ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - COME AND TAKE!!!!

Defacing the entrance to a business without that business permission IMO is trespass. A owner should press charges.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamesm760 View Post
    Someone in Greensboro had a pretty weird experience with a positive ending.

http://www.ncgunblog.com/2013/11/28/...ti-gun-tactic/
    Hardly a positive ending .. the lady will still continue ... why not?

being the kinda person i am, i had difficulty finding the specific cite's wording on "tortious interference" within the NCGA's site. http://www.ncleg.net/gascripts/statutes/statutes.asp

can anybody provide further insight?

thanks
    ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

James,

Also keep in mind that a sign posted by someone OTHER than the business is NOT enforceable/punishable under NCGS...if stopped by a LEO for a "conspicuously posted" sign trespass violation, I would ask to verify with the manager that the sign was posted by the business or not. (IANAL)

Per NCGS 14-415.11(c)(8).

On any private premises where notice that carrying a concealed handgun is prohibited by the posting of a conspicuous notice or statement by the person in legal possession or control of the premises.

Last edited by carolina guy; 12-04-2013 at 10:39 AM.
    If something is wrong for ONE person to do to another, it is still wrong if a BILLION people do it.

§ 14-145. Unlawful posting of advertisements.
    Any person who in any manner paints, prints, places, or affixes, or causes to be painted,
    printed, placed, or affixed, any business or commercial advertisement on or to any stone, tree,
    fence, stump, pole, automobile, building, or other object, which is the property of another
    without first obtaining the written consent of such owner thereof, or who in any manner paints,
    prints, places, puts, or affixes, or causes to be painted, printed, placed, or affixed, such an
    advertisement on or to any stone, tree, fence, stump, pole, mile-board, milestone, danger-sign,
    danger-signal, guide-sign, guide-post, automobile, building or other object within the limits of a
    public highway, shall be guilty of a Class 3 misdemeanor. (Ex. Sess. 1924, c. 109; 1993, c. 539,
    s. 84; 1994, Ex. Sess., c. 24, s. 14(c).)
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Alexandria, VA at www.NoVA-MDSelfDefense.com
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    Any person who in any manner paints, prints, places, or affixes, or causes to be painted,
    printed, placed, or affixed, any business or commercial advertisement on or to any stone, tree,
    fence, stump, pole, automobile, building, or other object, which is the property of another
    without first obtaining the written consent of such owner thereof, or who in any manner paints,
    prints, places, puts, or affixes, or causes to be painted, printed, placed, or affixed, such an
    advertisement on or to any stone, tree, fence, stump, pole, mile-board, milestone, danger-sign,
    danger-signal, guide-sign, guide-post, automobile, building or other object within the limits of a
    public highway, shall be guilty of a Class 3 misdemeanor. (Ex. Sess. 1924, c. 109; 1993, c. 539,
    I can envision a defense lawyer nitpicking this statute as not relevant to the placement of a "no guns" sticker on the window because such a sticker is NOT a "business or commercial advertisement." It is more akin, in my layman's understanding, to a statement or code of conduct poster that prohibits carry.
    Air Force Veteran
    NRA Life Member
    VCDL Member
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    NRA Certified Instructor: Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Home Firearm Safety, Personal Protection
    Maryland Qualified Handgun Instructor
    Certified Instructor, Associated Gun Clubs of Baltimore, Inc.
    Member, Mt. Washington Rod & Gun Club
    National Sporting Clays Association Certified Referee

Quote Originally Posted by JamesCanby View Post
    I can envision a defense lawyer nitpicking this statute as not relevant to the placement of a "no guns" sticker on the window because such a sticker is NOT a "business or commercial advertisement." It is more akin, in my layman's understanding, to a statement or code of conduct poster that prohibits carry.
    It is IMO, it is no different then posting anti gun signs or buying a commercial. It is trying to advertise for no guns, without the consent of the owners of said property. The anti gun or gun control movement is a organized movement that would be recognized as such. I believe those organization are registered as non profit business.
    Last edited by WalkingWolf; 12-04-2013 at 03:31 PM.
    Robert E. Lee
    President Donald Trump

It is IMO, it is no different then posting anti gun signs or buying a commercial. It is trying to advertise for no guns, without the consent of the owners of said property. The anti gun or gun control movement is a organized movement that would be recognized as such. I believe those organization are registered as non profit business.
    +1

I am pretty sure these anti-2A groups "accept money/goods/services" with the promise that they will do something with the "donation"... looks like commerce to me.
    If something is wrong for ONE person to do to another, it is still wrong if a BILLION people do it.

Quote Originally Posted by carolina guy View Post
    +1

I am pretty sure these anti-2A groups "accept money/goods/services" with the promise that they will do something with the "donation"... looks like commerce to me.

To do education or charity for the prevention of gun crimes, deaths, injuries, etc. would not be commerce.

I don't think it's unlawful posting of advertisements,

I think it's vandalism, just like tagging or cutting your name into a wood panel...
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member

Quote Originally Posted by American Patriot View Post
    To do education or charity for the prevention of gun crimes, deaths, injuries, etc. would not be commerce.
    I believe the SCOTUS has disagreed with you on a few occasions...they have said that anything that "affects" interstate commerce, is interstate commerce.