Thread: Canadian woman denied entry into USSA because of "depression"

Canadian woman denied entry into USSA because of "depression"

http://rt.com/usa/dhs-canada-depression-richardson-495/

We're in big, big trouble. Time to get out, quickly.
    “If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? ” -Bastiat

I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.

Banned
    I did see that story ... very odd indeed.

Nice to see they using obamacare to its fullest advantage to patients.

Founder's Club Member
    I'm not at all surprised. Dismayed. But, not surprised.

It doesn't take a lot of history to understand that government will abuse every single technological advancement. It almost goes without saying.

HIPPA confidentiality of medical records? Yeah, right. Government won't spy on every American on the internet or cell phone? Yeah, right.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

The second P in HIPPA stands for 'Portability.' The law specificly allows the sharing of protected health information for law enforcement purposes. Next time at your doctor's office, ask to review their HIPPA policy. You'll see something near the end about information being made available to law enforcement either by warrant or were legally required. That's how most cases of child / spousal abuse get reported.
    Lower the crime rate by lowering the criminal survival rate!
    When people say 'God Bless America' I'm sure He says, "I gave you Texas!"

There is no secret or breach of privacy here.

She attempted to commit suicide in a public manner and it involved police and courts.

Its public record.

Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar
    Not to get all conspiracy theorist on you guys, but do you really think that upcoming requirements to make health records available electronically over the internet is for patient convenience?
    Advocate freedom please

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator View Post
    Not to get all conspiracy theorist on you guys, but do you really think that upcoming requirements to make health records available electronically over the internet is for patient convenience?
    that's why I am not signing up for obamacare. its the largest data minning operation in American history

Quote Originally Posted by onus View Post
    There is no secret or breach of privacy here.

She attempted to commit suicide in a public manner and it involved police and courts.

Its public record.
    That may be true but the story still indicates that they had access to private medical records and based on that (clinical diagnosis, not just that she attempted suicide and it made the news) she was denied access

“The incident in 2012 was hospitalization for depression. Police were not involved,’’ her attorney, David McGhee, told the Star, adding that he approached Ontario Health Minister Deb Matthews as well “to tell me if she’s aware of any provincial or federal authority to allow US authorities to have access to our medical records.”
    Advocate freedom please

We aren't getting all the facts in the story but if she attempted suicide and was left a parapalegic that means she mostly did it by shooting or jumping. Most likely she was declared 5150 which is traditionally information police and government has.

If this women is out shooting herself or jumping off bridges I don't want her in my country.
    Last edited by onus; 11-30-2013 at 02:14 AM.

Honestly I didn't know people were denied entry into the country on bases like this. I mean, I'm not surprised... It just hadn't ever come to mind.

... Would you support deportation of the mentally ill?
    Advocate freedom please

Centurion
    We aren't getting all the facts in the story but if she committed suicide and was left a parapalegic that means she mostly did it by shooting or jumping. Most likely she was declared 5150 which is traditionally information police and government has.

If this women is out shooting herself or jumping off bridges I don't want her in my country.
    Hey, ONUS, you may want to re-read the info provided. Parapeligia as a result of a suicide ATTEMPT in 2001--- Hosptilized in 2012 for clinical depression---- does NOT say that she attempted suicide in 2012.

BTW-- IF she had committed SUICIDE as your post states---- we wouldn't be having even this situation AS SHE WOULD BE DEAD! and wanting a facepalm emoticon!
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

Quote Originally Posted by JoeSparky View Post
    Hey, ONUS, you may want to re-read the info provided. Parapeligia as a result of a suicide ATTEMPT in 2001--- Hosptilized in 2012 for clinical depression---- does NOT say that she attempted suicide in 2012.
    I never said she attempted suicide in 2012.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Enter the age of black market medicine.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

The more I consider this story, the more disturbing it is. I think George Orwell was an optimist. He never knew about the Utah data center. It's also a perfect example of how the state usually only can "protect" us from those who obviously are NOT a threat. The "war on terror", "war on [some] drugs", and the whole police state apparatus are all for me. The freedom loving, "law" abiding citizen.
    “If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? ” -Bastiat

I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.

We aren't getting all the facts in the story but if she attempted suicide and was left a parapalegic that means she mostly did it by shooting or jumping.
    Actually, women usually don't do that. They usually OD; many drugs can leave you paralyzed from neurological damage. I've seen not a few people come into the hospital where this was the result. For example, aspirin or any NSAID.

Quote Originally Posted by 77zach View Post
    Actually, women usually don't do that. They usually OD
    I know of a lot of cases where women either shot themselves or jumped off buildings or bridges. I do however know a few OD cases as well.

Centurion
    I never said she attempted suicide in 2012.
    That is true. This IS what you said:

Originally Posted by onus
    We aren't getting all the facts in the story but if she committed suicide and was left a parapalegic that means she mostly did it by shooting or jumping. Most likely she was declared 5150 which is traditionally information police and government has.

I suggest you pay particular attention the the words right after your words "We aren't getting all the facts in the story if she".

I will concede my comment was just a tick more pointed that I had originally intended.
    Last edited by JoeSparky; 11-30-2013 at 02:58 PM.
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

it is extremely disconcerting that the DHS (dumb horse stupid), has that info. but the one thing i want to know is WTH did it matter? she was going to catch a plane to leave the country. what would it have hurt to let her do that?
    Luke 22:36 ; 36Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

"guns are like a Parachute, if you don't have one when you need it, you will not need one again"
    - unknown

i you call a CHP a CCW then you are really stupid. period.