Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: open carry social group

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    43

    open carry social group

    hello,

    i am wanting to start an open carry group in the central part of the state. was wondering if anyone knows if there is something like this or ideas to start. thanks in advance

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Linn County, Iowa
    Posts
    306
    Quote Originally Posted by lucas340 View Post
    hello,

    i am wanting to start an open carry group in the central part of the state. was wondering if anyone knows if there is something like this or ideas to start. thanks in advance
    In cedar rapids, there is a monthly OC-night at a godfather's pizza. Other than that, haven't heard of anything.

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    43
    would there be any special things that would need to be done? or would it just be a matter of getting enough people in the group and finding a place that would allow us to do it?

  4. #4
    Accomplished Advocate BB62's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    3,887
    Quote Originally Posted by lucas340 View Post
    would there be any special things that would need to be done? or would it just be a matter of getting enough people in the group and finding a place that would allow us to do it?
    That pretty much covers it.

  5. #5
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,610
    Quote Originally Posted by lucas340 View Post
    would there be any special things that would need to be done? or would it just be a matter of getting enough people in the group and finding a place that would allow us to do it?
    Quote Originally Posted by BB62 View Post
    That pretty much covers it.
    Whenever two or more are gathered in my name......Rt. Rev. John Moses Browning
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    43
    anyone in the local area interested in doing something like this? probably wont be until beginning of next year with the holidays and all.

  7. #7
    Accomplished Advocate BB62's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    3,887
    Quote Originally Posted by lucas340 View Post
    anyone in the local area interested in doing something like this? probably wont be until beginning of next year with the holidays and all.
    I suggest you start another thread, with a more descriptive and geographic title, like "Anyone in Des Moines interested in a get-together/or meet 'n greet?"

    Always use descriptive titles, and and don't assume that people are going to read existing threads to find requests such as what you've posted above. Note that there's only one other person from Iowa who has posted in this thread.

    Good luck!

  8. #8
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,610
    Quote Originally Posted by BB62 View Post
    I suggest you start another thread, with a more descriptive and geographic title, like "Anyone in Des Moines interested in a get-together/or meet 'n greet?"

    Always use descriptive titles, and and don't assume that people are going to read existing threads to find requests such as what you've posted above. Note that there's only one other person from Iowa who has posted in this thread.

    Good luck!
    Very much agree.

    If and when you set up a meet n' greet, don't forget to ask me for a stickie by PM.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  9. #9
    Regular Member RugarRev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    62

    Thumbs up Build it

    I will come.
    Last edited by RugarRev; 12-03-2013 at 10:40 PM. Reason: off color refernce

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    43

    suggestions

    any suggestions on what to do with an open carry social group????

    looked and nothing on google.

  11. #11
    Regular Member RugarRev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    62
    Some ideas...

    Simple meet & greet
    Coffee
    Summertime outing with family/significant other

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •