Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NY Safe Act - wondering if any convictions have occurred ?

Banned

NY Safe Act - wondering if any convictions have occurred ?

For mag limit or rds in mag?

Dunno about mag limits and such, but one of the darling gun control advocates who pushed for this junk just got busted breaking the law he lobbied for!!

http://www.buffalonews.com/city-regi...chool-20140207

Laws for thee but NOT for me!!

Thanks, but what a POS website for its CSS overlays. Try Adblock Plus with new Element Hiding Helper.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

The NY SAFE Act Strikes Back

Associates defend man who had gun in school. Dwayne Ferguson, arrested for bringing a gun to Harvey Austin School, in buffalo, NY, is a well-known community activist
    Lets see how this play out.

An anonymous phone tip can send a SWAT team to a school on and put it on lockdown?
    Last edited by MAC702; 02-09-2014 at 01:11 AM.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Hoisted by his own petard in this case.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by IanB View Post
    Dunno about mag limits and such, but one of the darling gun control advocates who pushed for this junk just got busted breaking the law he lobbied for!!

Laws for thee but NOT for me!!
    Either way the case turns out for him, its a win for us.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    An anonymous phone tip can send a SWAT team to a school on and put it on lockdown?

We had if I remember two Isolated Incidents last year over anonymous tips.

SWAT followed a guy carrying an umbrella.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Talking It was an honest mistake.

I am not going to give you a teaser because there are just too many to pick from. Read it and pick your favorite logical disconnect. (Right now I'm trying to decide between about six for which gets the grand prize.)

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Repost already thread on it. I think its the "NY safe act strikes again" thread

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    "The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

it will be interesting to see which excuse they use to toss this case out. bet he wont even lose his cwp.

Karma catches up with NY school gun ban activist - Dwayne Ferguson

but….but…..I'm a GOOD GUN OWNER…..
    Time to see the view from your own petard…
    Of course HE had a CHL - he's a 'good New Yorker' - to protect him from all those 'bad' CHL carriers….

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/..._activist.html

Let's see if he now wants the NRA to help him with his legal costs, or perhaps the OCDO defense fund?

Another article from the Buffalo News:

....He was among local activists who stood with Assemblywoman Crystal Peoples-Stokes last year lobbying for a law that would make possessing a gun on school property a felony. Prior to New York State’s adoption of the SAFE Act last year, in response to the Sandy Hook school massacre in Connecticut, it was a long-established state law that guns could not be brought onto school property. The only difference was that the crime carried less punishment as a misdemeanor.

...Brown and Brinkworth also revealed new details about the incident, which started with an anonymous call to the school and culminated with an extensive search by the SWAT team.

The school received the call about 4:15 p.m. notifying staff that someone had entered the school with a gun. Brown and Brinkworth said it is not yet clear who placed the call. Around that time, 911 received two calls about the incident, prompting the school to go into lockdown and touching off a search of the building by police and SWAT team responders.

The initial search of the building turned up nothing, Brinkworth said.

It was not until police were patting down students so they could evacuate the school that they found the gun on Ferguson, Brinkworth said.

Ferguson was wearing it in a holster, and at no time during the lockdown did he notify police that he was carrying a weapon.

“He had opportunities,” Brinkworth said.

“I will say he had no ill intent to harm these students,” Brinkworth added. “I don’t know why he had it on him.”

http://www.inquisitr.com/1126825/gun...hool-property/
    Last edited by HPmatt; 02-09-2014 at 06:26 PM. Reason: additional clips
    “Men live without other security than what their own strength and their own invention shall furnish them"
    -Thomas Hobbes 1651

Let's not attack this man's choices or lapses just yet. This may be the wake-up call he needs to realize that if LACs can inadvertently walk into a school armed, then maybe an armed lunatic can enter even easier with actual malicious intent.
    He can finally see: Violent criminals don't obey laws.
    I carry to defend my loved ones; Desensitizing and educating are secondary & tertiary reasons. Anything else is unintended.

“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” - Frederic Bastiat

"When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle." - Edmund Burke

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Young Man View Post
    Let's not attack this man's choices or lapses just yet. This may be the wake-up call he needs to realize that if LACs can inadvertently walk into a school armed, then maybe an armed lunatic can enter even easier with actual malicious intent.
    He can finally see: Violent criminals don't obey laws.
    I hope he gets 100 yrs. Commies belong in prison.

Major hypocrisy from the antis!!!!!

The elites want everybody else completely disarmed but routinely carry themselves!

This hypocrisy must be exposed and exposed big time! Shout it from the roof tops folks!

Once again an anti doesn't even know the laws he's helped jam down the rest of our throats. Listen to the others defend this jerk!

http://www.inquisitr.com/1126825/gun...hool-property/

Banned
    This guy will love prison .. hope he goes and then later the law is overturned.

Alexandria, VA at www.NoVA-MDSelfDefense.com

How deliciously ironic!

http://dailycaller.com/2014/02/10/gu...#ixzz2svbenIHg

This Anti has been hoist on his own petard! Having supported making carry on school grounds a felony, he is one of the first to be caught by it.

Now let's see if he is actually convicted...
    Air Force Veteran
    NRA Life Member
    VCDL Member
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    NRA Certified Instructor: Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Home Firearm Safety, Personal Protection
    Maryland Qualified Handgun Instructor
    Certified Instructor, Associated Gun Clubs of Baltimore, Inc.
    Member, Mt. Washington Rod & Gun Club
    National Sporting Clays Association Certified Referee

Sounds like someone wanted this guy busted. Will this be downgraded to disorderly conduct as is so often the case in NYS cases with favored individuals as defendants? There's a Federal charge in there, too...though it has "knowing" mens rea attached to it...which means a trial.
    Last edited by CT Barfly; 02-10-2014 at 12:52 PM.

I doubt anything happens to him.

Give the guy a break. He just "forgot" like this guy.
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...take-at-border

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Anti-Gun activist got a new attorney, needs some more time to study the case -
    Current story line is still:
    "Ferguson says he forgot he had a gun with him and that he didn’t know it was illegal to have one on school grounds, even with a permit."

Suppose the new attorney will help him huddle with the DA to figure out how to avoid a felony since he's such a good anti-gun supporter.

http://wivb.com/2014/03/06/activist-...are-at-school/
    “Men live without other security than what their own strength and their own invention shall furnish them"
    -Thomas Hobbes 1651

He directly lobbied in support the NY SAFE act. The same law for which he is being charged with. Lock him up for the full 15 years. That may give him sufficient time to reconsider the implications of his actions.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I want to keep our founding fathers' visions and rights for this country pure. I implore you to do the same.

In NY, man who lobbied for SAFE act busted for carrying gun on his person in an elementary school gets released on his own recognizance. Meanwhile in Ohio, student who had pocket knife in the trunk of his car at a vocational school used for his training as an EMT spends 13 days in jail with a bond of $500,000. Welcome to Bizarro World.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by HPmatt View Post
    Anti-Gun activist got a new attorney, needs some more time to study the case -
    Current story line is still:
    "Ferguson says he forgot he had a gun with him and that he didn’t know it was illegal to have one on school grounds, even with a permit."

Suppose the new attorney will help him huddle with the DA to figure out how to avoid a felony since he's such a good anti-gun supporter.

http://wivb.com/2014/03/06/activist-...are-at-school/
    Study, study, study .... "hey, this law is bull hockey!"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast