• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NY Safe Act - wondering if any convictions have occurred ?

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
An anonymous phone tip can send a SWAT team to a school on and put it on lockdown?

Last edited:

Primus

Repost already thread on it. I think its the "NY safe act strikes again" thread

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

HPmatt

Karma catches up with NY school gun ban activist - Dwayne Ferguson

but….but…..I'm a GOOD GUN OWNER…..
Time to see the view from your own petard…
Of course HE had a CHL - he's a 'good New Yorker' - to protect him from all those 'bad' CHL carriers….

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2014/02/karma_catches_up_with_school_gun_ban_activist.html

Let's see if he now wants the NRA to help him with his legal costs, or perhaps the OCDO defense fund?

Another article from the Buffalo News:

http://www.buffalonews.com/city-reg...tes-defend-man-who-had-gun-in-school-20140207

....He was among local activists who stood with Assemblywoman Crystal Peoples-Stokes last year lobbying for a law that would make possessing a gun on school property a felony. Prior to New York State’s adoption of the SAFE Act last year, in response to the Sandy Hook school massacre in Connecticut, it was a long-established state law that guns could not be brought onto school property. The only difference was that the crime carried less punishment as a misdemeanor.

...Brown and Brinkworth also revealed new details about the incident, which started with an anonymous call to the school and culminated with an extensive search by the SWAT team.

The school received the call about 4:15 p.m. notifying staff that someone had entered the school with a gun. Brown and Brinkworth said it is not yet clear who placed the call. Around that time, 911 received two calls about the incident, prompting the school to go into lockdown and touching off a search of the building by police and SWAT team responders.

The initial search of the building turned up nothing, Brinkworth said.

It was not until police were patting down students so they could evacuate the school that they found the gun on Ferguson, Brinkworth said.

Ferguson was wearing it in a holster, and at no time during the lockdown did he notify police that he was carrying a weapon.

“He had opportunities,” Brinkworth said.

“I will say he had no ill intent to harm these students,” Brinkworth added. “I don’t know why he had it on him.”

http://www.inquisitr.com/1126825/gu...ly-bringing-loaded-pistol-on-school-property/

Last edited:

Rusty Young Man

Let's not attack this man's choices or lapses just yet. This may be the wake-up call he needs to realize that if LACs can inadvertently walk into a school armed, then maybe an armed lunatic can enter even easier with actual malicious intent.
He can finally see: Violent criminals don't obey laws.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Let's not attack this man's choices or lapses just yet. This may be the wake-up call he needs to realize that if LACs can inadvertently walk into a school armed, then maybe an armed lunatic can enter even easier with actual malicious intent.
He can finally see: Violent criminals don't obey laws.

I hope he gets 100 yrs. Commies belong in prison.

pkbites

Major hypocrisy from the antis!!!!!

The elites want everybody else completely disarmed but routinely carry themselves!

This hypocrisy must be exposed and exposed big time! Shout it from the roof tops folks!

Once again an anti doesn't even know the laws he's helped jam down the rest of our throats. Listen to the others defend this jerk!

http://www.inquisitr.com/1126825/gu...ly-bringing-loaded-pistol-on-school-property/

CT Barfly

Sounds like someone wanted this guy busted. Will this be downgraded to disorderly conduct as is so often the case in NYS cases with favored individuals as defendants? There's a Federal charge in there, too...though it has "knowing" mens rea attached to it...which means a trial.

Last edited: