• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NY Safe Act - wondering if any convictions have occurred ?

HPmatt

Anti-Gun activist got a new attorney, needs some more time to study the case -
Current story line is still:
"Ferguson says he forgot he had a gun with him and that he didn’t know it was illegal to have one on school grounds, even with a permit."

Suppose the new attorney will help him huddle with the DA to figure out how to avoid a felony since he's such a good anti-gun supporter.

http://wivb.com/2014/03/06/activist-to-face-judge-after-scare-at-school/

cirrusly

He directly lobbied in support the NY SAFE act. The same law for which he is being charged with. Lock him up for the full 15 years. That may give him sufficient time to reconsider the implications of his actions.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

davidmcbeth

Banned
Anti-Gun activist got a new attorney, needs some more time to study the case -
Current story line is still:
"Ferguson says he forgot he had a gun with him and that he didn’t know it was illegal to have one on school grounds, even with a permit."

Suppose the new attorney will help him huddle with the DA to figure out how to avoid a felony since he's such a good anti-gun supporter.

http://wivb.com/2014/03/06/activist-to-face-judge-after-scare-at-school/

Study, study, study .... "hey, this law is bull hockey!"

cirrusly

Hopefully he argues that the law is unconstitutional and WINS !

The worst outcome he is found guilty but either only gets probation, "time served," or some other lame lack of consequence for spewing his unconstitutional gun grabbing nonsense.

davidmcbeth

Banned
The worst outcome he is found guilty but either only gets probation, "time served," or some other lame lack of consequence for spewing his unconstitutional gun grabbing nonsense.

Unless he gets struck down by lightning ! From God !

PeterNSteinmetz

Yes, the best outcome would be he gets the law overturned as unconstitutional. While the hypocrisy here is impressive, I can't say I hope people get long jail time for being a hypocrite. Sort of sickening though.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Yes, the best outcome would be he gets the law overturned as unconstitutional. While the hypocrisy here is impressive, I can't say I hope people get long jail time for being a hypocrite. Sort of sickening though.

Well, it a "no lose" case for us ... if convicted that's OK ... if he gets off due to unconstitutional law, that's good.

I'm guessing it never gets to trial.

HPmatt

some good case precedent being set here when no malice is involved

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk