• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Question For Internet Wizards

stealthyeliminator

Can't say I know the answer to that one. Sounds like it's picking up ad loads as site visits - not sure why it'd be doing that though. Would help to know the browser. I can't imagine any of the majors making an error like that.

If you clicked an ad, though, that might do it. I would still think it'd only drop the redirected site, and not the ad link itself, into the history, though.

JustaShooter

Most likely ad related - I used to have that problem, mostly in IE. Install AdBlock Plus and see if it goes away like it did for me.

davidmcbeth

Banned
if running firefox, you can have several add-ons to address this

One is Block site 1.1 that allows you to block individual websites ....

possumboy

By the power of google

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1011829?hl=en

"Referrals from googleads.g.doubleclick.net are clicks on your AdWords ads showing on the Google Display Network - specifically, ads showing on publisher sites in the AdSense program - for which the destination URLs have not been tagged.

If you notice googleads.g.doubleclick.net appearing in your reports, check to see if auto-tagging is turned on in your AdWords account, and that your own campaign variables are labeled correctly."

I run Chrome in Private mode. It deletes the history, cookies, etc when I exit. This does make me have to sign in everytime I access a site because it doesn't store my passwords.

Last edited: