• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ferry County OC report

Alpine

First chance to travel here since the fires.

The devastation en route was bad. Very bad. Looked like another planet along 97 and 21. GPS wouldn't even let me take first part of 21 so I had to ignore it and just took it anyway, not sure why.

Went over for the eastern WA pheasant opener. Seemed like less birds this year, maybe WDFW is getting stingy, not sure. Our party got 9 birds over two days and we had 3 amazing dogs.

OCed most of the time around town, no bad reactions though a few startled looks from obvious coastie transplants. Couldn't carry at the brewery but considering the quality of their beer (I swear its the best in the state) I make that sacrifice.

Saw Sheriff Maycumber in town, guess he was the only Ferry County LEO active as the rest of his crew was down with the flu, said hi. He's a nice guy who has come out against 594 and says he won't enforce it. The town no longer has a police chieff, IIRC, and I think they have one acting sergeant left and coordinate most stuff through FCSO.

Nice place, friendly people. Got some compliments on my two-tone sig and weekend was uneventful aside from a rooster wild-flushing and attacking me near fallen tree. Must have been an assault pheasant!

Last edited: