Thread: Anybody have an extension ladder?

Anybody have an extension ladder?

Do any of you guys near Henderson happen to have an extension ladder you'd be willing to loan out tomorrow?

I'm trying to decorate for Christmas and need one probably over 24' at least.

Thanks guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a 26' on my truck at all times, and just drove through Henderson today. I don't need it often. I'm heading to Desert Sportsman's Rifle and Pistol club on the other side of the valley tomorrow. I should be on the east side in the afternoon. Do you need me to deliver/pickup?

26' is a LONG way on a ladder. I can't emphasize safety enough.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Thanks Mac - I will PM you to see if we can arrange a time.

Obviously you open carry, as you put up the Christmas lights correct? Making this an open carry subject posting. As they say when using an extension ladder safety first.

Quote Originally Posted by 28kfps View Post
    Obviously you open carry, as you put up the Christmas lights correct? Making this an open carry subject posting. As they say when using an extension ladder safety first.
    To the OP: You should thank 28kfps for looking out for ya.

But it is a good point: do any of you find that your normal OC setup doesn't readily lend itself to the Christmas light process?
    I guess a whole thread could be opened on the subject of instances when OC is not physically practical (as opposed to clashing ideologies).

For instance, I helped out a bit with the Christmas lights this past weekend, and a ladder was involved in the process of putting up those surprisingly stubborn little lightbulbs on a string. It was in Arizona and not Nevada, but still. No screams, no bullets flying off randomly into peoples' homes, no scuffing of the leather holster. But my holster did almost get caught on the ladder.
    I carry to defend my loved ones; Desensitizing and educating are secondary & tertiary reasons. Anything else is unintended.

“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” - Frederic Bastiat

"When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle." - Edmund Burke

Haha - well I have learned something over the years. Gun owners for the most part tend to be good people.

If the thread needs to be deleted, so be it - Mac already came through.

For what it's worth - I unfortunately was not OCing when I first attempted to hang the lights.

The ladder I had was too short so I had to get on one section of the roof, pull up the ladder and then go up to the next section and lay on the roof, lean over the edge and staple the lights to the facia board.

It felt precarious, not to mention I couldn't open carry without scraping up my holster...

Having a tall ladder will not only be safer but also allow me to open carry. There we go - it really is on topic! LoL

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Let the thread slide because it was one OCer helping another OCer. No different than offering a ride to an event & in the spirit of the season.

No buy, sell or trade involved, all rules intact

Still have my 28' and 32' Werner 300# rated and they are a witch to set up.

BTW - yes, I OC'd everyday on the job - it was my company.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 12-02-2013 at 01:39 PM. Reason: Added
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.