• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anybody have an extension ladder?

jdholmes

Do any of you guys near Henderson happen to have an extension ladder you'd be willing to loan out tomorrow?

I'm trying to decorate for Christmas and need one probably over 24' at least.

Thanks guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
I have a 26' on my truck at all times, and just drove through Henderson today. I don't need it often. I'm heading to Desert Sportsman's Rifle and Pistol club on the other side of the valley tomorrow. I should be on the east side in the afternoon. Do you need me to deliver/pickup?

26' is a LONG way on a ladder. I can't emphasize safety enough.

Rusty Young Man

Obviously you open carry, as you put up the Christmas lights correct? Making this an open carry subject posting. As they say when using an extension ladder safety first.

To the OP: You should thank 28kfps for looking out for ya;).

But it is a good point: do any of you find that your normal OC setup doesn't readily lend itself to the Christmas light process?
I guess a whole thread could be opened on the subject of instances when OC is not physically practical (as opposed to clashing ideologies).

For instance, I helped out a bit with the Christmas lights this past weekend, and a ladder was involved in the process of putting up those surprisingly stubborn little lightbulbs on a string. It was in Arizona and not Nevada, but still. No screams, no bullets flying off randomly into peoples' homes, no scuffing of the leather holster. But my holster did almost get caught on the ladder.

jdholmes

Haha - well I have learned something over the years. Gun owners for the most part tend to be good people.

If the thread needs to be deleted, so be it - Mac already came through.

For what it's worth - I unfortunately was not OCing when I first attempted to hang the lights.

The ladder I had was too short so I had to get on one section of the roof, pull up the ladder and then go up to the next section and lay on the roof, lean over the edge and staple the lights to the facia board.

It felt precarious, not to mention I couldn't open carry without scraping up my holster...

Having a tall ladder will not only be safer but also allow me to open carry. There we go - it really is on topic! LoL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Let the thread slide because it was one OCer helping another OCer. No different than offering a ride to an event & in the spirit of the season.

No buy, sell or trade involved, all rules intact :)

Still have my 28' and 32' Werner 300# rated and they are a witch to set up.

BTW - yes, I OC'd everyday on the job - it was my company.

Last edited: