• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Herring Claims Win due to Gun-Control

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Read that and don't disagree with it entirely.

We were divided and conquered - we didn't stay foucused on the outcome in sufficient numbers - we did not stick together. :(

WalkingWolf

I disagree, republicans took a hit especially in northern Virginia because of the government shutdown. Any republican was associated with it even if they were not in Congress. Those who feed off the federal teet, are going to vote for the teet, even if they give up liberty. I don't think it had anything to do with his stance on gun control.

But if ACA continues on it's destructive path, eventually the democrats will find themselves in the same situation.

Defrock

I agree with WW. Gun-control was not a hot-button issue for people in northern Virginia. The shutdown was still fresh in everyone's mind and really hurt the pocket book of federal contractors. People wanted to send a message to the Republicans.

However, Herring only one by about 165 votes. This is definitely not a mandate to do anything particular. If anything, the D's should try to stay as centrist as possible. If they go too left they will lose in the next election cycle. Obamacare isn't going to do them any favors. Pushing the next round of mandates until after the next election does help them some.

Thundar

The idiot Herring "won" by running a very negative and untruthful campaign. Honor and integrity are extremely important qualities for Virginia's Attorney General. That we may not have those qualities for the next four years is a significant blow to the rule of law in the Commonwealth. I pray that the vote tally in the recount is favorable to Obenshain.

That being said, and while acknowledging that I did vote for the R in the Attorney General Race, I can't help but point out my Libertarian slant on this race.

I really do believe that herring "won" by a razor thin margin because of the shabby way the Libertarians were treated by the Republicans. The icing on the cake was the Cooch's refusal to agree to let Sarvis in on any of the debates. The razor thin margin was less that 1/10th of 1% of the recorded Libertarian vote. How many Libertarians picked the D instead of the R in the attorney general race because of R hostility towards Ls at the top of the ticket? We will never know for sure, but it is fascinating.

We do need to come together as gun owners and cooperate to defeat the gun grabbers. We will need each other, but cooperation requires mutual respect and trust.

WalkingWolf

The idiot Herring "won" by running a very negative and untruthful campaign. Honor and integrity are extremely important qualities for Virginia's Attorney General. That we may not have those qualities for the next four years is a significant blow to the rule of law in the Commonwealth. I pray that the vote tally in the recount is favorable to Obenshain.

That being said, and while acknowledging that I did vote for the R in the Attorney General Race, I can't help but point out my Libertarian slant on this race.

I really do believe that herring "won" by a razor thin margin because of the shabby way the Libertarians were treated by the Republicans. The icing on the cake was the Cooch's refusal to agree to let Sarvis in on any of the debates. The razor thin margin was less that 1/10th of 1% of the recorded Libertarian vote. How many Libertarians picked the D instead of the R in the attorney general race because of R hostility towards Ls at the top of the ticket? We will never know for sure, but it is fascinating.

We do need to come together as gun owners and cooperate to defeat the gun grabbers. We will need each other, but cooperation requires mutual respect and trust.
It's all George Bush's fault... :lol:

Repeater

Voter Control

I wonder if Kevin O’Holleran would make the same claim with Voter Control?

The stricter Voter ID law goes into effect NEXT year. What if it had gone into effect THIS year?

What if Provisional ballots were outlawed? What, unfair?

Here's a thought: provisional guns for buyers who "forget" their IDs and papers. Yeah, you just come back within a week with the papers and you're fine. Any longer and the ATF is notified. Sound good to you, O Holler Loud?

va_tazdad

This is the part I like

"Kevin O’Holleran managed Mark Herring’s campaign for Virginia attorney general."

The fool is bragging that his client won by a whopping 165 votes???????

And that is BEFORE the recount.

Not something to brag on.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate

Death by a thousand cuts..

First, I'm not sure he's won and don't think that'll be decided for a while, but assuming he did.

NOVA did indeed screw us which is due to the shutdown, economy and a dozen other things including the fact that NOVA is always screwing the rest of the state.

But assuming he did win by 165 votes, at least 50 I know of were due to Mark's opposition to Sunday hunting, I know of another 25 that either voted against or just didn't vote because of his voter ID bill.
Those are just people I know and it's nearly half of what Mark needed to win.

Repeater

"Kevin O’Holleran managed Mark Herring’s campaign for Virginia attorney general."

The fool is bragging that his client won by a whopping 165 votes???????

And that is BEFORE the recount.

Not something to brag on.

Seems his Hollerin' is ringing hollow.

Sorry; I couldn't help myself.