• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

MDA Event on 12/14

mikeyb

Just an FYI; The bloody shirts will be waved by the MDA bullies (all 4 of them) here:

WHO: Moms Demand Action Washington
WHEN: December 14, 2013 5:30 PM
WHERE: First United Methodist Church of Seattle
180 Denny Way
Seattle, WA 98109

WHEN: December 14, 2013 1:45 PM
WHERE: Washington State Capitol – Legislative Building Rotunda
416 Syd Snyder Ave SW
Olympia, WA 98501

Rusty Young Man

Just an FYI; The bloody shirts will be waved by the MDA bullies (all 4 of them) here:

180 Denny Way
Seattle, WA 98109

416 Syd Snyder Ave SW
Olympia, WA 98501

Doesn't surprise me anymore. Antis are notorious for capitalizing off the deaths of the innocent to try and cram their anti-gun, anti-liberty, pro-statist agenda down the public's throats. And yet WE, the armed LACs (especially OCers and LG OCers), are accused of not showing respect for the deceased.:mad:

Let's call them out on this. Just like they try to pin us as heartless, let's make sure people realize that these hysterics are nothing more than a politicized take on a tragedy, and wholly disrespectful to the families of the dead.:cuss:

jsanchez

I think I will go to Olympia and have a big sign that says, " It was a MOM that caused SANDY HOOK!"

When you own a gun, your the only one who is suppose to have access to it unless your supervising directly.

And maybe a picture of the newscaster from Saturday night live on the other side, with the quote,

"JANE YOU IGNORANT ****".

I'm being funny not serious.

Last edited:

EMNofSeattle

I think I will go to Olympia and have a big sign that says, " It was a MOM that caused SANDY HOOK!"

When you own a gun, your the only one who is suppose to have access to it unless your supervising directly.

And maybe a picture of the newscaster from Saturday night live on the other side, with the quote,

"JANE YOU IGNORANT ****".

I'm being funny not serious.

I don't feel like harassing them, the anti gun crowd's recently gained relevance is disappearing, showing up OC in greater numbers to counter their event while only serve give them relevance as they complain about how they were intimidated.

jsanchez

I don't feel like harassing them, the anti gun crowd's recently gained relevance is disappearing, showing up OC in greater numbers to counter their event while only serve give them relevance as they complain about how they were intimidated.

Yes showing up Ocing would work against us, but if we show up concealed, we could make some good counter points. It is my opinion having grown up in California and watching the anti's and media take away gun rights using fear and false promises, I am willing to participate in a counter protest now, to show that background checks is not going to change what happened at Sandy Hook or Aroura.

I also think its a great opprotunity to practice organizing and excuting counter protest, because I feel that after background checks, the anti's are going to go after assault weapons, and may issue conceal carry permits.

We had 25 people show up for the counter assualt weapons march last Jan. in Seattle. I learned alot going to that, of how to act at one of these protest. If I had it to do over I would have been more vocal.

I will make signs with good points for all who are interested in going.

I have room in my car for three others.

If anyone is interested in going, PM me.

I would be going to the Olympia protest.

Last edited:

jsanchez

180 Denny Way
Seattle, WA 98109

416 Syd Snyder Ave SW
Olympia, WA 98501

What was your source for this info? I would like to go look at it to get more info.

jsanchez

I can imagine some think that a counter protest is a bad idea, and I'm open to that. But I imagine they will be pushing for the background check thing, and I don't know how everyone feels about that. Show me the stats how criminals get guns in WA state. I know straw purchase is how criminals get around it.

If we do go, one of our messages has to be how background check are circumvented by criminals, and Wayne Le Peirre said at the Congressional hearing earlier this year that 74,000 failed checks last year resulted in less then a 100 cases being filed against people, so there is no enforcement. So all your doing is penalizing the law abiding citizen, and thus wasting tax payers dollars.

If we do decide to do this thing it will be good practice for in the future when it really counts, say an assault weapon ban or adding a training requirement to a CCW. We can gain experience on how to do this, and slow the momentum of the anti's.

How is the media going to report the other side if we don't show up. They will probably call Dave Workman for comment, that would be a blessing, but do they always? Maybe Dave's already working on it. Then we can save the gas money. Maybe I need to write a check to the 2nd Ad. Foundation?

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned
I see that this is the date for them organizing across the country ... its not a protest per se in my state but a meeting inside a church...anyone can sign up to go.

EMNofSeattle

OC'ing won't hurt us, it didn't at the ceasefire rally and we got just as much air time as the unconstitutionalist.

I was thinking more along the lines of the Texans who were walking around with AR-15s at ready and posing for pictures....

they gave you like 5 seconds, they spent a minute interveiwing you and you laying out your argument and then gave you two seconds on the news, that's not equal airtime....

the only picture they even showed of you on Seattle times was shot to make you look like you and two other OCers were confronting Walter Stawicki (father of the cafe racer shooter)

I'm not saying you were confronting him, but the pictures and accompanying stories were specifically framed to show that viewpoint....... I''m not saying just let them take all the time, I'm saying be smart about how you choose to counter them. having some OCers maybe at somewhere open like the capitol wouldn't be bad, but having open carriers crash their meeting at the methodist church would be a bad idea.... be mindful of how your actions might be percieved....

and posing with AR-15s outside their meetings shouldn't be done either....

Last edited:

sudden valley gunner

I was thinking more along the lines of the Texans who were walking around with AR-15s at ready and posing for pictures....

they gave you like 5 seconds, they spent a minute interveiwing you and you laying out your argument and then gave you two seconds on the news, that's not equal airtime....

the only picture they even showed of you on Seattle times was shot to make you look like you and two other OCers were confronting Walter Stawicki (father of the cafe racer shooter)

I'm not saying you were confronting him, but the pictures and accompanying stories were specifically framed to show that viewpoint....... I''m not saying just let them take all the time, I'm saying be smart about how you choose to counter them. having some OCers maybe at somewhere open like the capitol wouldn't be bad, but having open carriers crash their meeting at the methodist church would be a bad idea.... be mindful of how your actions might be percieved....

and posing with AR-15s outside their meetings shouldn't be done either....

I'm not just talking about my interview Erik. The story was there was a rally for gun control and people showed up with guns who disagree and it was positive.

You are in no position to decide what is "smart" for others.

There were no Texans carrying AR's at that event last year.

massivedesign

According to their facebook, only 3 people like the idea. I can't see a large bell day for MDA.

WSCxdFT.png

EMNofSeattle

I'm not just talking about my interview Erik. The story was there was a rally for gun control and people showed up with guns who disagree and it was positive.

You are in no position to decide what is "smart" for others.

There were no Texans carrying AR's at that event last year.

I think you know full well what I was saying....

and that I wasn't referring to you, you didn't do anything wrong at the seattle MDA thingy, the issue is the idea of interjecting yourself into other people's events to cause a problem, which has happened in other states.
I don't think it's a good idea to harass these people as it increases the likliehood of positive media attention to them. definitely not at the church, Olympia is fine. I may go to that....

Last edited:

sudden valley gunner

I think you know full well what I was saying....

and that I wasn't referring to you, you didn't do anything wrong at the seattle MDA thingy, the issue is the idea of interjecting yourself into other people's events to cause a problem, which has happened in other states.
I don't think it's a good idea to harass these people as it increases the likliehood of positive media attention to them. definitely not at the church, Olympia is fine. I may go to that....

NO you don't even know what you are talking about.\

It isn't about interjecting oneself into other peoples events.

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
........ the issue is the idea of interjecting yourself into other people's events to cause a problem, which has happened in other states.
I don't think it's a good idea to harass these people as it increases the likliehood of positive media attention to them..........

Hello Eric. I saw you at the ceasefire rally/parade. The Public was invited to this event. As a member of that group( the public), I attended and marched with them. We were not there to cause a problem. We attended to engage them in conversation and show that normal people carry openly, safely and politely.
We are NOT other states, we are Washington State, like them, but a little different.
We were not aggressive. The little old ladies that sang at the event did offer to give SVG some poisoned cookies, not very polite , eh?
When we marched with them, they mostly did not notice the weapons until they were pointed out to them.
Every time the "public" sees a polite, armed, openly carrying Citizen, we move a bit closer to normalization.

On your last sentence, I do remember you being a bit excited that day. You had a tendency to be a bit argumentative.

View attachment 11009
Soldiers of the Cause at the Ceasefire Rally, Seattle Wa

EMNofSeattle

Hello Eric. I saw you at the ceasefire rally/parade. The Public was invited to this event. As a member of that group( the public), I attended and marched with them. We were not there to cause a problem. We attended to engage them in conversation and show that normal people carry openly, safely and politely.
We are NOT other states, we are Washington State, like them, but a little different.
We were not aggressive. The little old ladies that sang at the event did offer to give SVG some poisoned cookies, not very polite , eh?
When we marched with them, they mostly did not notice the weapons until they were pointed out to them.
Every time the "public" sees a polite, armed, openly carrying Citizen, we move a bit closer to normalization.

On your last sentence, I do remember you being a bit excited that day. You had a tendency to be a bit argumentative.

View attachment 11009
Soldiers of the Cause at the Ceasefire Rally, Seattle Wa

I think I misspoke about a couple of things, and it ran together,

I'll qualify, I am worried about media scrutiny, and not unjustifiably so.

I was more thinking about their event in the methodist church, I was saying I think we have a need to use discretion about stuff like that.

I think nothing was wrong with coming to the Seattle march because it was all open air in public parks and on the street, much like Olympia will be. I also wanted to throw out not to be posing with pictures with AR-15 rifles like the guys in Texas did.....

I did not condemn anyone who went to the march last year, nor said we should not have done that. All I'm trying to say is one...

don't crash events under a private roof like the church

two... simply be mindful of media, because the pravda is looking for ways to discredit us, like komo4 made sure to post the picture of Rob debating Walter Stawicki and Stawicki with his hand up like they were imposing on him even though he came over and started the debate.... I remember this, he came over, started arguing with Rob, and then when the photographer started snapping pictures he put up his hand like this....

2020128245.jpg

This is what leftist do to people they don't like, they discredit them through distorted context....

be mindful of where the cameras are if you intend to counter. I may myself go to Olympia depending upon how my family obligations work out.

Last edited:

J1MB0B

Yes showing up Ocing would work against us, but if we show up concealed, we could make some good counter points. It is my opinion having grown up in California and watching the anti's and media take away gun rights using fear and false promises, I am willing to participate in a counter protest now, to show that background checks is not going to change what happened at Sandy Hook or Aroura.

I also think its a great opprotunity to practice organizing and excuting counter protest, because I feel that after background checks, the anti's are going to go after assault weapons, and may issue conceal carry permits.

We had 25 people show up for the counter assualt weapons march last Jan. in Seattle. I learned alot going to that, of how to act at one of these protest. If I had it to do over I would have been more vocal.

I will make signs with good points for all who are interested in going.

I have room in my car for three others.

If anyone is interested in going, PM me.

I would be going to the Olympia protest.

I think I'll be there too.

DocWalker

I think I misspoke about a couple of things, and it ran together,

I'll qualify, I am worried about media scrutiny, and not unjustifiably so.

I was more thinking about their event in the methodist church, I was saying I think we have a need to use discretion about stuff like that.

I think nothing was wrong with coming to the Seattle march because it was all open air in public parks and on the street, much like Olympia will be. I also wanted to throw out not to be posing with pictures with AR-15 rifles like the guys in Texas did.....

I did not condemn anyone who went to the march last year, nor said we should not have done that. All I'm trying to say is one...

don't crash events under a private roof like the church

two... simply be mindful of media, because the pravda is looking for ways to discredit us, like komo4 made sure to post the picture of Rob debating Walter Stawicki and Stawicki with his hand up like they were imposing on him even though he came over and started the debate.... I remember this, he came over, started arguing with Rob, and then when the photographer started snapping pictures he put up his hand like this....

2020128245.jpg

This is what leftist do to people they don't like, they discredit them through distorted context....

be mindful of where the cameras are if you intend to counter. I may myself go to Olympia depending upon how my family obligations work out.

The picture of his sign is comical but sad on two levels. First comparing Sandy Brook to the Alamo? He does realize that the people that did at the Alamo were fighting for their freedom and independence but he wants to take away peoples freedoms and independence. Second the way he is holding the sign and his hand up makes him appear to have a job as a crossing guard near a school.

These people are pretty dangerous as they think they are better than you, they believe everything the government tells them, and they vote.