• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

MDA Event on 12/14

1245A Defender

Well,,,

QFT,,, dont like to see pics or bits of posts being deleted just after posting for no reason,, Sooo.....

OTOH, repeating the texans posing with ars... they cant pose with properly holstered handguns
in texas, that would be illegal. ars are all they got to display their 2nd amendment rights!

And,,,, we handgun carriers have Never got Bad press when attending an anti gun rally!
The Only way that we have to get Any press,,, is to go, participate, and be good ambassadors for the cause.

I think I misspoke about a couple of things, and it ran together,

I'll qualify, I am worried about media scrutiny, and not unjustifiably so.

I was more thinking about their event in the methodist church, I was saying I think we have a need to use discretion about stuff like that.

I think nothing was wrong with coming to the Seattle march because it was all open air in public parks and on the street, much like Olympia will be. I also wanted to throw out not to be posing with pictures with AR-15 rifles like the guys in Texas did.....

I did not condemn anyone who went to the march last year, nor said we should not have done that. All I'm trying to say is one...

don't crash events under a private roof like the church

two... simply be mindful of media, because the pravda is looking for ways to discredit us, like komo4 made sure to post the picture of Rob debating Walter Stawicki and Stawicki with his hand up like they were imposing on him even though he came over and started the debate.... I remember this, he came over, started arguing with Rob, and then when the photographer started snapping pictures he put up his hand like this....

2020128245.jpg

This is what leftist do to people they don't like, they discredit them through distorted context....

be mindful of where the cameras are if you intend to counter. I may myself go to Olympia depending upon how my family obligations work out.

The picture of his sign is comical but sad on two levels. First comparing Sandy Brook to the Alamo? He does realize that the people that did at the Alamo were fighting for their freedom and independence but he wants to take away peoples freedoms and independence. Second the way he is holding the sign and his hand up makes him appear to have a job as a crossing guard near a school.

These people are pretty dangerous as they think they are better than you, they believe everything the government tells them, and they vote.

jsanchez

So I guess the weather is going to play a part in this get together, but we won't know till mid week.

I assume their message is going to be on background checks and mass shootings.

So I would recommend people look at this video to get familiar with the topic. it was a thread a couple of months ago, 3 pages back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6nXy5g6MlA

So if the media puts a microphone in your face, you can say something intelligent, which I know you all are very.

Also keep in mind all the mass shooters passed background checks.

Alpine

I might go to the Olympia demonstration.

Maybe I'll make a sign about the 80,000 + people who lied on background checks but only 44 were prosecuted, so what is the point of more?

Or a sign saying that over 75% of firearms crime is committed by the same repeat criminals that liberal courts constantly let out of jail to re-offend.

Maybe both.

Last edited:

jsanchez

Maybe I'll make a sign about the 80,000 + people who lied on background checks but only 44 were prosecuted, so what is the point of more?

Or a sign saying that over 75% of firearms crime is committed by the same repeat criminals that liberal courts constantly let out of jail to re-offend.

Maybe both.

Alpine that sounds like two really good idea's.

I have these two, I think they are 1" by 1", 8' long pine boards, real skinny and long. I got them at home depot for I think around $3 a board, and what I like to do is put my sign at the top of they, and then put duck tape about 1/3 of the way down as a hand hold, so you don't get slivers. That way you can have the sign bottom resting on the ground so you don't have to hold it up all day, very tiring, and the sign is above your head where everyone can see it.

You can put your text or picture on a word document and then take it to office max, and they will print your message on paper and then you can attach it to cardboard, and attached it to the pole. Walla ultimate protest sign.

Last edited:

sudden valley gunner

Maybe both.

Can I make a small suggestion and remove the term "liberal" and replace it with maybe government.....;)

jsanchez

Well it looks like it might rain on Sat. in Olympia. Is it worth going? I thinking about it.

Did anyone see Mark Knapp on the news tonight, I think it was kiro. really lame article about gun violence, check it out and let me know what everyone thought of Mr. Knapp performance. It seems like the media is trying to stoke the flames for next weekend.

jsanchez

I might be able to get out of it.

I was thinking the media has all its offices in Seattle, why would they drive to Olympia to cover a few people in the rotundra. I'm guessing they will go to the Seattle church event.

PALO

I don't feel like harassing them, the anti gun crowd's recently gained relevance is disappearing, showing up OC in greater numbers to counter their event while only serve give them relevance as they complain about how they were intimidated.

I agree. While I agree with the general principle that the best response to bad speech is good speech, I think that with THIS issue, at the stage of progress we are at (we are winning, and here in WA we are entrenched and well protected ), ignoring these ninnies is a better option

And as for appearance, if visibly armed people (OCers) get in a ******* match of words with visibly unarmed people playing the victim card, it can create an APPEARANCE of bullying to many people

jsanchez

I agree. While I agree with the general principle that the best response to bad speech is good speech, I think that with THIS issue, at the stage of progress we are at (we are winning, and here in WA we are entrenched and well protected ), ignoring these ninnies is a better option

And as for appearance, if visibly armed people (OCers) get in a ******* match of words with visibly unarmed people playing the victim card, it can create an APPEARANCE of bullying to many people

I agree with you 100%. I just hope they don't build momentum. 450,000 ccw permits, 2.3 million voters last election cycle, and the media may or may not be fair, we will see what happens.

Alpine

I agree with you 100%. I just hope they don't build momentum. 450,000 ccw permits, 2.3 million voters last election cycle, and the media may or may not be fair, we will see what happens.

Yeah but there are a lot of idiot, anti-freedom, statist gun owners who think of themselves as "moderate" and think "universal background checks" are "just fine. Not sure how many of those 450k will backstab us.

EMNofSeattle

Yeah but there are a lot of idiot, anti-freedom, statist gun owners who think of themselves as "moderate" and think "universal background checks" are "just fine. Not sure how many of those 450k will backstab us.

please, spare the moral indignation. I will be forced to keep bringing up why you are exactly the wrong person to use it.

you can only be "backstabbed" if you were owed loyalty to begin with.

that being said, I'm not worried. look at the GMO labeling measure, how it flopped spectacularily, and the anti GMO labeling side practically lied and misrepresented the initative and got it to flunk!

we don't even need to lie, the facts are on the anti-side.

sudden valley gunner

please, spare the moral indignation. I will be forced to keep bringing up why you are exactly the wrong person to use it.

that being said, I'm not worried. look at the GMO labeling measure, how it flopped spectacularily, and the anti GMO labeling side practically lied and misrepresented the initative and got it to flunk!

GMO labeling failed in part because many understood that government coercion and the threat of violence shouldn't be needed to put labels on food, many places and people voluntarily already do so, hopefully that is the reason anti gun legislation fails unfortunately many will mouth support of being loyal to the constitution and our rights but then back stab the people whom they are supposed to be on the same side with by failing to understand rights and the constitution.

Alpine

You know, I'd repeat for the millionth time that I admit I was wrong about Inslime, but looking at the campaign statements made by RINO Christie who has embraced Obama and gun control while campaigning for McKenna, I don't think I'm going to go there. You have a lot to learn about the world, so please shut your trap.

EMNofSeattle

You know, I'd repeat for the millionth time that I admit I was wrong about Inslime, but looking at the campaign statements made by RINO Christie who has embraced Obama and gun control while campaigning for McKenna, I don't think I'm going to go there. You have a lot to learn about the world, so please shut your trap.

Guns are not an issue in NJ like they are in WA, that was a stupid reason. Ill stop bringing it up when you stop bad mouthing other people and calling them names for doing exactly what you did.

Alpine

Guns are not an issue in NJ like they are in WA, that was a stupid reason. Ill stop bringing it up when you stop bad mouthing other people and calling them names for doing exactly what you did.

Lets see, I was talking about dumb gun owners supporting I-594 because they get sold on the messaging, packaging or just because they think they are "moderate."
Which legislation or initiative did I say I supported that is anything remotely like that? Answer: none.

My mistake about Inslime wasn't because I liked what he is or what he planned to do, but a calculation about how McKenna might go RINO on us to get his persona agenda passed by "trading" gun bills just like:
Romney
Christie (who campaigned for McKenna)
Swarzeneggar
etc.

Like I said, we'll never know if I'm right, but consider this, even with the Senate coalition, if McKenna HAD won and had proposed a sacrifice, I'm sure the republicans in the WA Senate would have supported it enough to pass.

You done re-hashing this? Because I am sick of repeating it every time you try and re-write what I said.