Thread: The U.S. House approved a 10-year extension law banning 'plastic' guns ...

Thumbs down The U.S. House approved a 10-year extension law banning 'plastic' guns ...

See the link:
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/p...-vote/3855281/

"The law bans the manufacture, possession and sale of firearms that can't be detected by metal detectors and requires handguns be manufactured in the shape of a gun so they can be screened on X-ray machines."

Opinions?

It's a stupid law made by the clueless and fearmongers. For starters what does it matter if your gun can't be detected, a gun without ammo is just a club/paperweight. And last time I checked there's no non-metal ammo. Then there's the fact that they have more than metal detectors now (I don't know how many times I've had to do the body scan, and I've even gone through a few that could supposedly sense explosives somehow). Or the fact that the law won't stop criminals, or that if one can somehow smuggle in ammo for said "undetectable" gun then they could just as easily smuggle in a gun.

And all of this is without even bringing up the "...shall not be infringed" bit of the 2A and just logical reasons for why the law is so misguided (since apparently a lot of people outside of various gun forums think that quoting the 2A isn't a valid reason).

Good thing the Republicans control the House, lol. Damn I hate the government.
    “If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? ” -Bastiat

I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Aknazer View Post
    It's a stupid law made by the clueless and fearmongers. For starters what does it matter if your gun can't be detected, a gun without ammo is just a club/paperweight. And last time I checked there's no non-metal ammo. Then there's the fact that they have more than metal detectors now (I don't know how many times I've had to do the body scan, and I've even gone through a few that could supposedly sense explosives somehow). Or the fact that the law won't stop criminals, or that if one can somehow smuggle in ammo for said "undetectable" gun then they could just as easily smuggle in a gun.

And all of this is without even bringing up the "...shall not be infringed" bit of the 2A and just logical reasons for why the law is so misguided (since apparently a lot of people outside of various gun forums think that quoting the 2A isn't a valid reason).
    Well, you could store your ammo in a pen, like the assassin in that Clint Eastwood Secret Service movie.

You can't stop the nutjobs intent on doing something nefarious. Just allow folks to defend themselves, ya know, let 'em carry on airplanes!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    Well, you could store your ammo in a pen, like the assassin in that Clint Eastwood Secret Service movie.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>
    I've been told, to my dismay, that those are NFA items.
    “If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? ” -Bastiat

I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.

Quote Originally Posted by 77zach View Post
    I've been told, to my dismay, that those are NFA items.
    only a AOW. it should cost you only 5 dollars to change the registration on one to buy it.

of course you may make your own, but you need to pay a 200 dollar manufacturing tax....
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member

Banned
    That law? How do I know what a metal detector will detect?

Too vague.

Activist Member
    The worst part is that they did not record the votes of the representatives. So how do we know which ones are anti-freedom? I guess we can just assume most of them are.

Do we have any words on what the Senate has done with this?