• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The U.S. House approved a 10-year extension law banning 'plastic' guns ...

Aknazer

It's a stupid law made by the clueless and fearmongers. For starters what does it matter if your gun can't be detected, a gun without ammo is just a club/paperweight. And last time I checked there's no non-metal ammo. Then there's the fact that they have more than metal detectors now (I don't know how many times I've had to do the body scan, and I've even gone through a few that could supposedly sense explosives somehow). Or the fact that the law won't stop criminals, or that if one can somehow smuggle in ammo for said "undetectable" gun then they could just as easily smuggle in a gun.

And all of this is without even bringing up the "...shall not be infringed" bit of the 2A and just logical reasons for why the law is so misguided (since apparently a lot of people outside of various gun forums think that quoting the 2A isn't a valid reason).

eye95

It's a stupid law made by the clueless and fearmongers. For starters what does it matter if your gun can't be detected, a gun without ammo is just a club/paperweight. And last time I checked there's no non-metal ammo. Then there's the fact that they have more than metal detectors now (I don't know how many times I've had to do the body scan, and I've even gone through a few that could supposedly sense explosives somehow). Or the fact that the law won't stop criminals, or that if one can somehow smuggle in ammo for said "undetectable" gun then they could just as easily smuggle in a gun.

And all of this is without even bringing up the "...shall not be infringed" bit of the 2A and just logical reasons for why the law is so misguided (since apparently a lot of people outside of various gun forums think that quoting the 2A isn't a valid reason).

Well, you could store your ammo in a pen, like the assassin in that Clint Eastwood Secret Service movie.

You can't stop the nutjobs intent on doing something nefarious. Just allow folks to defend themselves, ya know, let 'em carry on airplanes!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

Felid`Maximus

Activist Member
The worst part is that they did not record the votes of the representatives. So how do we know which ones are anti-freedom? I guess we can just assume most of them are.