• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

the video you must watch

markand

Pretty hard to watch. Short summary for those who don't have the time to do the research: July 2011, Fullerton, CA. A homeless man, Kelly Thomas, is beaten by several police officers and dies several days later, never having regained consciousness from the beating. Its not clear to me why he came to the attention of police. No drugs or alcohol are found in his system. Over the next several months, three officers are arrested and criminally charged, public outrage leads to the recall of 3 of 5 Fullerton council members, the Fullerton police chief takes a medical leave of absence and eventually resigns.

Fast forward to the present, it appears that two of the officers involved are on trial for Thomas' death (trial began Dec 3, 2013). A third officer is awaiting a separate trial.

davidmcbeth

Banned
There are SOOOO many of the videos being posted every day .. its getting hard for people to claim that they are isolated incidents anymore....

I saw 4 or 5 posted yesterday regarding actions of that day .... I could have started threads for each ... but we all know the facts ..

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Pretty hard to watch. Short summary for those who don't have the time to do the research: July 2011, Fullerton, CA. A homeless man, Kelly Thomas, is beaten by several police officers and dies several days later, never having regained consciousness from the beating. Its not clear to me why he came to the attention of police. No drugs or alcohol are found in his system. Over the next several months, three officers are arrested and criminally charged, public outrage leads to the recall of 3 of 5 Fullerton council members, the Fullerton police chief takes a medical leave of absence and eventually resigns.

Fast forward to the present, it appears that two of the officers involved are on trial for Thomas' death (trial began Dec 3, 2013). A third officer is awaiting a separate trial.

Thanks for the update.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
We need fewer, less aggressive cops.

And, an end to the Blue Wall of Silence.

Police apologists would have us believe that the only three bad cops on the Fullerton PD just all happened to not only be working the same shift, but also happened to be at that location that night. And, the other two cops who did nothing to stop the murder...

Last edited:

onus

im still waiting for the youtube video to come out that shows a cop intervening and stopping a bad cop from doing a bad thing.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
I'll take less aggressive for now and then work on fewer later. Though, you ban cop unions and watch how quickly cops become less aggressive.

Cop unions should be criminal. Their mere existence is a conflict of interest which rises to the level of aggression against the sovereignty of the people.

Primus

Disban all public servant unions then. Ems fire state workers teachers city workers etc.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

WalkingWolf

Unions are a problem, but they are not the cause of this incident. This incident happened because several officers thought they were above the rest of society. They were wrong, and hopefully they will go to prison where they can play drop the soap in the shower.

PRISON is exactly what is needed to clear the problem up, and not just for extreme cases. When officers violate the law, they should be arrested, tried and punished, just like any other citizen. The problem is not unions so much as it is Homeland Security, police are now tied to the federal government. And as they are and used as government enforcers, federal investigations and prosecutions is no longer effective.

The public should expect agencies to not watch the others back, but be a check to abuses. The FBI being at the top of that list. When we go back to the prosecution of police as was the case when Jimmy Carter was president, they will be more careful. Maybe not start down the wrong path to begin with.

Primus

Was your PD tied to homeland security? Are you referring to grants? Like oui grants or seat belt grants (usually state level) or something like body armor grants?

WalkingWolf

Was your PD tied to homeland security? Are you referring to grants? Like oui grants or seat belt grants (usually state level) or something like body armor grants?

Homeland security did not exist when I was a officer. And the FBI and state agencies aggressively went after bad police officers.

Almost every agency in the country now gets federal funds, for equipment, and in some instances actually pay the salary of the local officers. HS has been giving automatic firearms to agencies for some time.

We saw during the gov shutdown the crybabies come out of the woodwork when their money started to get cut off. Damn shame that shutdown could not have been permanent.

Hopefully the courts make a example of these three officers and throw the book at them after they are convicted. It is a shame they cannot get the death penalty. I would love to personally throw the switch. There is nothing more I can't stand than a dirty police officer, they are a pimple on the ass of society and the good police officers.

Primus

Sure I agree with those ties. Some grants from the feds allow local PDS to hire more guys. Grants allow equipment to be bought. I don't equate this to some government take over though.

The .gov gives grants to everyone from farmers to teachers to police to small business owners to doctors. They are not all ".gov take covers".

Fuller Malarkey

Sure I agree with those ties. Some grants from the feds allow local PDS to hire more guys. Grants allow equipment to be bought. I don't equate this to some government take over though.

The .gov gives grants to everyone from farmers to teachers to police to small business owners to doctors. They are not all ".gov take covers".

Your ADD medication, if you are taking any, is not working. The topic regards the senseless, brutal beating death at the hands of sworn police officers of a citizen protected from such acts.

Thread derailment appears to be a luxury of the protected class of participant.

Primus

Your ADD medication, if you are taking any, is not working. The topic regards the senseless, brutal beating death at the hands of sworn police officers of a citizen protected from such acts.

Thread derailment appears to be a luxury of the protected class of participant.

Comment is uncalled for and not needed. If two guys want to talk about something on a "derailment" then so be it. Are you now the police trying to strong earn us from talking about certain things?

Finally, I don't appreciate the personal insult. I'd appreciate it if you refrained from it in the future. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

color of law

Accomplished Advocate

And your belief is the problem. The government giving grants is contrary to our founding fathers' belief, as well as my belief.

Government grants are nothing more than buying loyalty, buying votes and buying obedience. Correction, buying blind obedience.

The law is perverted. And the police powers of the state are perverted along with it. The law not only turned from its proper purpose, but has been made to follow an entirely contrary purpose. The law has become the weapon of every kind of greed. Instead of checking crime, the law itself is guilty of the evils it is supposed to punish.

You have a good day.....