• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New App for Tracking Wal-Mart's Ammo Availability

honsoworld

Hello everyone! I'm new here, but I think I've got something worthwhile to share with everybody.

I've developed a mobile website and Android app that tracks Wal-Mart's ammunition inventory. Right now it is tracking over 200 ammo products from 3,600 Wal-Marts nationwide and it attempts to update availability information once an hour.

You can check out the mobile website at
http://brassbadger.com

Or install the Android app from Google Play.

If you have an iPhone, try saving the website to your home screen. It will launch like a regular app afterwards.

I'm tracking products that don't necessarily show up on the Wal-Mart's website or mobile app, but accuracy is still dependent on the information Wal-Mart makes available through its various services. My goal was to provide easy access to the otherwise scattered information Wal-Mart provides.

blade10

Looks good! I will try it and if the shelves match the programs reports I will let you know.

Blade

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

shaun

On iPad just sits and spins. I LOVE the potential, though and hope it's only a temporary glitch. +100 for the effort and work put in so far.

shaun

Tried opening in Chrome on the iPad and it fired right up. Something in/about Safari if you're inclined to look. Latest iOS 7 uodate. Hope this helps.

Last edited:

SD40VE

Hello everyone! I'm new here, but I think I've got something worthwhile to share with everybody.

I've developed a mobile website and Android app that tracks Wal-Mart's ammunition inventory. Right now it is tracking over 200 ammo products from 3,600 Wal-Marts nationwide and it attempts to update availability information once an hour.

You can check out the mobile website at
http://brassbadger.com

Or install the Android app from Google Play.

If you have an iPhone, try saving the website to your home screen. It will launch like a regular app afterwards.

I'm tracking products that don't necessarily show up on the Wal-Mart's website or mobile app, but accuracy is still dependent on the information Wal-Mart makes available through its various services. My goal was to provide easy access to the otherwise scattered information Wal-Mart provides.

according to this the walmarts by me had both .22 and .380. i made sure to uncheck all but one store as to not get mixed results... 3 walmarts later after the app said they had them... no .380 or .22lr..... something is aloof

BrianB

Says there's a lot of .40 Winchester white box value packs available in my area. Will get out to do some validation in awhile and report back.

mobiushky

So far, it's been pretty unreliable. Not that it's the OP's fault. I'm sure it's just a report of what he's been given.

There are some good features, like being able to isolate specific places, but every thing it's said is in stock has not been. So with that, I'll pass until it can be more accurate.

As for the iPad issues, notice that it's an android based app.. So, not really made for iPad.

blade10

Walmart in dumfries reported stuff in stock that was, and things in stock that were not. The Walmart site had the same trouble. The app can only be as good as the source of info.

Blade

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk