Thread: ACTION ITEM - Proposed BATFE rule change - deadline 12/9

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

ACTION ITEM - Proposed BATFE rule change - deadline 12/9

Time is almost up on contacting the BATFE on a proposed change to the rules for Class III items (machine guns, silencers, short barreled rifles, etc.) The proposed rule change could make the already difficult task of getting a tax stamp to purchase a Class III item even more difficult.

We need to stop this totally unnecessary rule change.

OCDO's John Pierce (also an Executive Member of VCDL) has put together a web page that explains the urgency of contacting BATFE, provides sample cut-and-paste text, and makes it a snap to respond to the proposal.

Here is the link to John's web page:

http://johnpierceesq.com/?p=389

All aboard friends of RKBA - make your voices heard, time is short.

[Adapted from a recent Va-Alert from the Virginia Citizens Defense League]
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 12-05-2013 at 07:11 AM. Reason: fixed
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

#2 submitted.

Done. #1

Centurion
    Submitted them ALL!
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Deadline 12/9

Deadline fast approaching for comments on NFA trust rule change proposal

by David Codrea

“The proposed regulations would,” according to the Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs, “(1) add a definition for the term "responsible person"; (2) require each responsible person of a corporation, trust or legal entity to complete a specified form, and to submit photographs and fingerprints; (3) require that a copy of all applications to make or transfer a firearm be forwarded to the chief law enforcement officer (CLEO) of the locality in which the maker or transferee is located; and (4) eliminate the requirement for a certification signed by the CLEO."

That statement caused no small amount of confusion.

http://www.examiner.com/article/dead...alerts_article
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Done

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2

The comment I submitted:

I am a licensed firearms manufacturer. The proposed regulation has the potential to prevent disabled veterans from being able to own firearms that they can actually use. There are many veterans with amputations that prevent them from using regular pistols, rifles and shotguns. Often the custom manufactured or modified firearm that accommodates the veteran’s disability will require an NFA stamp. In many cities in Virginia the only way to obtain the NFA stamp is via an NFA Trust because of policy decisions from various Chief Law Enforcement Officers to never sign an application. The rules requirement that all NFA Trustees be fingerprinted is particularly degrading and humiliating to these disabled veterans because many of them no longer have fingers to print. Some veterans choose the NFA Trust as a path to avoid the humiliation. The proposed rule will make it more difficult for disabled veterans to provide for their own self defence and remain independent. The rule will subject disabled veterans to needless humiliation. Because the proposed rule will disproportionately impact disabled Americans, including disabled veterans, a rulemaking evaluation that complies with Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) requirements and a subsequent comment period should be conducted prior to the enactment of this rule.

Your Comment Tracking Number: 1jx-896c-g183

Live Free or Die,
    Thundar
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776