• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ted's unfriendly to OC

ps1mhd

Ted's pawn shop 2026 Delaware Ave.
Norwood, Ohio 45212
Phone: (513) 631-1246

I went in the other day and was asked by the owner (almost sure)as soon as I got in if I was LE I said no and was then told to cover my 45 up or take it out to the car. I had a thigh rig on how do you cover that up?
There was a Norwood cop in the store standing by the exit at the time and just said hi as I walked pass.
Good LE bad owner.
They wouldn't get any money from me.
Their web page tells you to (visit our friends at the NRA):banana:

Mike

Brian D.

Well after ORC 9.68 (statewide preemption of local gun laws) went into effect, Ted's Pawn and Gun was still enforcing Norwood city ordinances dealing with a three day waiting period, and local registration of any gun purchased. I haven't looked in for a couple years to see if they were still doing that.

flhrci

Was it possibly the thigh rig? New to open carry so I am just wondering if it is too much for people to see that kind of holster.

David

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

OC for ME

My hip holster is black and looks kinda tactical and is cool looking, does that count as silly?;)

Thigh rigs, well, I agree, kinda silly.

ps1mhd

Was it possibly the thigh rig? New to open carry so I am just wondering if it is too much for people to see that kind of holster.

David

I had the same rig on plus a AR15 at fountain square (downtown Cincinnati) and nothing was said.

Mike

flhrci

Ok, maybe it doesn't bother people. I am sure there is a "cool" factor there though.

David

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
Ted's pawn shop 2026 Delaware Ave.
Norwood, Ohio 45212
Phone: (513) 631-1246

I went in the other day and was asked by the owner (almost sure)as soon as I got in if I was LE I said no and was then told to cover my 45 up or take it out to the car. I had a thigh rig on how do you cover that up?
There was a Norwood cop in the store standing by the exit at the time and just said hi as I walked pass.
Good LE bad owner.
They wouldn't get any money from me.
Their web page tells you to (visit our friends at the NRA):banana:

Mike
I suggest that you post to OFCC's "Criminal Protection Zones" topic about your findings.

I also suggest that you drop the owner of Ted's a line letting them know that you find it hypocritical that they endorse the NRA yet disallow the RIGHT to carry (since concealed is a privilege). Make it clear that you will inform all the people you can to avoid his business because of his lack of support for the RIGHT to keep and bear arms.

Don't pen your note as a threat, but rather as a "I'm sorry I won't be able to visit your establishment any more..." letter.

eye95

Noted. I probably would not ever have gone there anyway, but this kinda cinches it. I will also make sure to spread far and wide Ted's anti-2A policy.

(Licensed concealed carry is NOT what the 2A is about. It is about UNlicensed carry--in Ohio, that's OC.)

The OP should give the link to this thread to Ted.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.
<O>

Last edited:

MyWifeSaidYes

I had the same rig on plus a AR15 at fountain square (downtown Cincinnati) and nothing was said.

Mike

Actually, lots of things were said...just none of them where you could hear them! :lol:

I'm sad that all I had that day to OC was an LCP. I was WAY underdressed!

MyWifeSaidYes

Was it possibly the thigh rig? New to open carry so I am just wondering if it is too much for people to see that kind of holster...

The act of open carry, in and of itself, is sometimes too much for small minds to handle.

I often remind folks that, in Ohio, you can tape your handgun to your face if that's how you choose to carry it.

The thigh rig may be silly to some and practical to others. Females with a lot of hip can often draw more quickly from a thigh rig than a holster at belt level. Thigh rigs can also be useful in a vehicle, eliminating the need to transition to and from a car holster.

The pawn shop would likely have asked the same of any non-police customer, regardless of holster.

SteveInCO

I often remind folks that, in Ohio, you can tape your handgun to your face if that's how you choose to carry it.

Introducing the new Forehead Holster from Taktikool Products! As a side benefit, men, as your hairline recedes, you can carry larger weapons! Who says getting older has nothing but downsides?

Or you can go for our new bridge of the nose pistol mount; there it is, ready to fire. Just look at the bad guy and frown really hard.

[legalese, read very quickly] Not responsible for damage to noses from using large calibers on the pistol mount.

flhrci

The act of open carry, in and of itself, is sometimes too much for small minds to handle.

The thigh rig may be silly to some and practical to others. Females with a lot of hip can often draw more quickly from a thigh rig than a holster at belt level. Thigh rigs can also be useful in a vehicle, eliminating the need to transition to and from a car holster.

The pawn shop would likely have asked the same of any non-police customer, regardless of holster.

I want to see that face carry in a picture or video! :lol:

I appreciate your opinion. I had not thought of the positive aspects of a thigh rig like that. At this point in time I can't see wearing one myself as I am so new to carrying that my nerves are on edge and as I have read, the gun is "wearing me," not I wearing it.

David

1245A Defender

Well,,,

I am trying to show you some fotos I made for fun....

http://i741.photobucket.com/albums/xx53/245Adefender/rtinhat gun/002-4.jpg

004.jpg

003.jpg

It is a skull cap made of tin foil with wrapping of duck tape that hold the cap
and then the Star modelo super on my forehead,
I can carry, draw, and holster that gun from that rig!
I never really did that...

No Really,,, I never Really did carry like that!!!!

the voices told me to not carry like that

Last edited:

flhrci

Now that there is funny! Looks like it possibly could even sorta work. But I think I am goign to have to pass on that one though.

Cool pics!

David

eye95

Carry like that, and you'll be the first one shot! That's if some BG doesn't grab the gun from your non-retention face holster first!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>