• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ted's unfriendly to OC

Tucker6900

I use a thigh rig when on my way to, during, and on the way home from the range. Plus anywhere else my travels take in the process. Its more comfortable. I use a level 3 Blackhawk on the hip for everything else. Yes I open carry. But a thigh rig would get more MWG calls, in my opinion.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk

MountainDEWDjv

I am trying to show you some fotos I made for fun....

http://i741.photobucket.com/albums/xx53/245Adefender/rtinhat gun/002-4.jpg

004.jpg

003.jpg

It is a skull cap made of tin foil with wrapping of duck tape that hold the cap
and then the Star modelo super on my forehead,
I can carry, draw, and holster that gun from that rig!
I never really did that...

No Really,,, I never Really did carry like that!!!!

the voices told me to not carry like that

now THAT is hilarious!!!! :lol::banana:

MyWifeSaidYes

Well, I've been telling that to people for years.

I guess I need to put my money where my mouth is, huh?

Okay.

[video]http://www.ohionets.com/videos/taped-to-face.wmv[/video]

Chuck!

Well, I've been telling that to people for years.

I guess I need to put my money where my mouth is, huh?

Okay.

[video]http://www.ohionets.com/videos/taped-to-face.wmv[/video]

My wife said, "He's a goof ball"

My face hurts from laughing....

MyWifeSaidYes

My wife, SheWhoSaidYes, suggested a spare mag or iPod holder for the other side of my face.

If I take all of her suggestions, I may never get all the dang tape off!

flhrci

Loved the video! You should get a patent application in on that ASAP!

Also, I dare you to wear that holster in public one day! LOL

David

MyWifeSaidYes

It will be easier the second time around, since the tape already pulled out all the hair.

I may have to wear it at the Westland gun show (Feb. 1 & 2).

I'll be manning the OFCC table, again.

flhrci

It will be easier the second time around, since the tape already pulled out all the hair.

I may have to wear it at the Westland gun show (Feb. 1 & 2).

I'll be manning the OFCC table, again.

Sounds like a painful way to remove a holster. Ouch! Thinking about volunteering myself. As a new guy to OC and CC I have a fresh perspective. I also enjoyed talking to you guys at the last show.

David

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Last edited:

Brian D.

Forgot to mention, I did get into Ted's a week or so back. Due to the weather OC wasn't my mode of dress that day, for sure. Didn't discuss their policy on carry, but saw they still had the "three-day wait on gun purchase" signage up. Acted naïve and asked them if that was due to local law or just store policy. A Norwood LEO was present but stayed out of the conversation. (Apparently the place pays for an off-duty detail, geez if the neighborhood and customers are that objectionable maybe they should shut down or move.) The store employee stated the wait was their own policy, nothing more. Didn't sound to me as though he was being candid. So I then inserted how Ohio Revised Code 9.68 negated any such ordinances Norwood might have been too lazy to remove from their books at any rate. That got sort of a raised eyebrow out of the LEO. I then averred that municipal law directors were the most lazy and inept public employees I'd ever dealt with* and quickly went on to look at a gun or two. Prices not bad but the overall vibe of the place just seems haughty, dismissive, and cynical towards their clientele.

*That sarcastic crack on my part was just some baiting, Werz, I didn't mean it too much :LOL:

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
549.04 A. The person transporting or possessing the handgun is carrying a valid license or temporary emergency license to carry a concealed handgun issued to the person under Ohio R.C. 2923.125 or 2923.1213 or a license to carry a concealed handgun that was issued by another state with which the Attorney General has entered into a reciprocity agreement under Ohio R.C. 109.69.
B. The person transporting or possessing the handgun is not knowingly in a place described in division (B) of Ohio R.C. 2923.126.
C. One of the following applies:
1. The handgun is in a holster on the person's person.
2. The handgun is in a closed case, bag, box, or other container that is in plain sight and that has a lid, a cover, or a closing mechanism with a zipper, snap or buckle, which lid, cover, or closing mechanism must be opened for a person to gain access to the handgun.
3. The handgun is securely encased by being stored in a closed, glove compartment or vehicle console or in a case that is locked.

(2) "Unloaded" means any of the following:
A. No ammunition is in the firearm in question, and no ammunition is loaded into a magazine or speed loader that may be used with the firearm in question and that is located anywhere within the vehicle in question, without regard to where ammunition otherwise is located within the vehicle in question. For the purposes of this subsection (i)(2)A., ammunition held in stripper-clips or in en-bloc clips is not considered ammunition that is loaded into a magazine or speed loader;

Norwood's Codified Ordinances needs a lot of work......