Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Milwaukee Pedestrians warned after random, possible 'knockout game' attack, MJS

Milwaukee Pedestrians warned after random, possible 'knockout game' attack, MJS

"The man was walking in the 4000 block of W. Burleigh St. shortly after 7:30 p.m. Monday when he was approached from behind, struck and knocked to the sidewalk by one of four assailants, Milwaukee police said Wednesday. The other three attackers then joined in the assault, and the man was punched several more times, police said. [ ... ] Inattentive, lone pedestrians are the preferred targets for street crimes, said Stanmeyer, urging people to remain alert and aware of their surroundings at all times."

http://www.jsonline.com/news/crime/p...234525871.html
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Wolves amongst the sheep or coyotes/fox in the hen house. What ever depiction you chose, it is the classic predator vs prey.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    "The man was walking in the 4000 block of W. Burleigh St.
    Later radio coverage has the incident at West Burleigh and Sherman, right at Sherman Park.
    Last edited by Nightmare; 12-05-2013 at 09:56 AM.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

At least the article quotes somebody saying this is no "game." It would be nice if the MSM would stop calling it the "KO Game" and start calling it something more accurate like the "KO Attack," or the "Vicious, Unprovoked Attack."
    When rights are outlawed only outlaws will have rights.

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity. - Hanlon's Razor

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people. - Catherine Engelbrecht

What's their solution? Run and get away? I am sure Flynn doesn't want you to fight back, or shoot them. Maybe sacrifice yourself and get knocked out cold, or dead. No Call 911 and wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Law abider View Post
    What's their solution? Run and get away? I am sure Flynn doesn't want you to fight back, or shoot them. Maybe sacrifice yourself and get knocked out cold, or dead. No Call 911 and wait.
    Sooo, you know for sure what Chief Flynn's opinion is? I doubt that one hundred percent.

Banned
    What's their warning: we are trying to disarm you but there is a freak running around that we have no duty to protect you from.

Is this an ad to get more insurance?

I knew the insurance companies were behind this ....

Quote Originally Posted by Running Wolf View Post
    At least the article quotes somebody saying this is no "game." It would be nice if the MSM would stop calling it the "KO Game" and start calling it something more accurate like the "KO Attack," or the "Vicious, Unprovoked Attack."

his attackers, a group of teens, began harassing him before one of them punched him
    This is not the Knockout Game, where a sudden single punch is involved (no prior contact with the victim) and then the attacker and whatever cohorts there are depart. This is more akin to a (mild) wilding, or a gang attack even though there was no robbery involved.

It seems it is getting just as dangerous to do nothing and give them what they want (even if they do not make any demands) as it is to stand up against a group of them and tell them to get off your sidewalk. Makes us curmudgeons (the young ones as well as us old ones) look like geniuses when we cross the street/step out into the street when a gaggle of yutes approaches - if they follow our movement is is a clear indication that the dance has begun. Which tune will be played is up to them.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    This is not the Knockout Game, where a sudden single punch is involved (no prior contact with the victim) and then the attacker and whatever cohorts there are depart. This is more akin to a (mild) wilding, or a gang attack even though there was no robbery involved.

It seems it is getting just as dangerous to do nothing and give them what they want (even if they do not make any demands) as it is to stand up against a group of them and tell them to get off your sidewalk. Makes us curmudgeons (the young ones as well as us old ones) look like geniuses when we cross the street/step out into the street when a gaggle of yutes approaches - if they follow our movement is is a clear indication that the dance has begun. Which tune will be played is up to them.

stay safe.
    I agree that this encounter didn't involve the "typical" behaviors as associated with what is often referred to as the KO game. Which is why I would like to see it stopped being called a game: there are no rules, there are no winners, and there are consequences. These behaviors are simply unprovoked, vicious attacks on innocent people.
    When rights are outlawed only outlaws will have rights.

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity. - Hanlon's Razor

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people. - Catherine Engelbrecht

Quote Originally Posted by Running Wolf View Post
    I agree that this encounter didn't involve the "typical" behaviors as associated with what is often referred to as the KO game. Which is why I would like to see it stopped being called a game: there are no rules, there are no winners, and there are consequences. These behaviors are simply unprovoked, vicious attacks on innocent people.
    There is the unvarnished truth of the matter. No more calling it a game.

Headline should read: "Another unprovoked, vicious attack on an innocent victim."

or more editorially: "Unprovoked, vicious attacks must be stopped."
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

lol. Something must be bad for a leftist democrat party PR machine like the journal sentinal to actually publish actual news like this. Oh wait, they did say "random". chuckle, chuckle chuckle.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/news/213564451.html

Stuff has been happening for a while now, nationwide, but the common thing seems to be blacks attacking whites and these "random" events happen in urban areas for some reason. I know that chicago and denver don't report or if they do, it get's pulled from print when there's the black stomping a white night out. Need to keep them white dollars coming into the urban areas, so just shush!!!!

White girl bleed a lot......

http://whitegirlbleedalot.com/

Holy crap, was that really a book....from 2012? Citing incidents from 2010 onwards? I thought these few "random" attacks only just happened in a few spaced out areas? What the obama?

Vote with your feet.
    Last edited by chowda; 12-06-2013 at 08:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Law abider View Post
    What's their solution?
    "vote with your feet". If you're white, even if you legally and justifably defend your own life, you still may be forced into bankruptcy by the democrat machine's district attorneys, or civil lawsuits by racist groups like la raza, the aclu, etc. And all the while, you will become a known target, your house, your vehicles, your place of work, etc. Guess that stuff doesn't get reported in the leftist dominated mainstream media. Sometimes it does, but rarely.

So as you asked, "What's their solution?" Why do you or any other victim care? Well, I guess a person should if they want to go into their playground and play by their rules and be judged by their legal system, then yeah, ask that (stupid) question (that normal people already know the answer to). Let me know if they care about you.....

"Vote with your feet".

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    There is the unvarnished truth of the matter. No more calling it a game.

Headline should read: "Another unprovoked, vicious attack on an innocent victim."

or more editorially: "Unprovoked, vicious attacks must be stopped."

I think that the terminology got started with the NSA Listening Game ...

Hardly a game though ...

not sure if it is hyperbole but http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...-myth/3729635/ says differently

ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by solus View Post
    not sure if it is hyperbole but http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...-myth/3729635/ says differently

ipse
    Depends how reliable you think the media is in reporting truth/facts - some would trust a used car salesman more.

the media concocted the knock out legend in the first place so it was refreshing to see another perspective
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

the media concocted the knock out legend in the first place
    lmao. Man, the internet is always a good place for laughs during downtime. Thanks.

[11/22/2009]]Racial attacks like the ones behind the arrest of 32 suspects in Denver are part of a trend spreading across the country, gang experts said Saturday.

As part of the trend, black gang members videotape the assaults in trendy tourist districts and sell them on the underground market as entertainment.

"They knock a young white guy out with one blow to see if his knees will wobble and surround them and take their money," said the Rev. Leon Kelly, who runs a Denver gang-prevention program. "It's a joke."
    The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/frontpage/...#ixzz2ml0wdzHa
    Was that from 2009? And it had been happening for a while before that democrat party newspaper actually was forced to admit it was going on....four years ago....in a predominantly white city....

so it was refreshing to see another perspective
    I guess....

the media concocted the knock out legend in the first place
    lmao. Man, the internet is always a good place for laughs during downtime. Thanks.

so it was refreshing to see another perspective
    Here's one from about four years ago....

http://www.denverpost.com/frontpage/...#ixzz2ml0wdzHa

of course in the 'knock out' legend there is no robbery involved nor reported unlike the posts you presented in the 09 Denver post article...

just saying...

but like you point out the internet is full of interesting...

ipse
    Last edited by solus; 12-06-2013 at 11:18 PM.

the media concocted the knock out legend in the first place so it was refreshing to see another perspective
    Quote Originally Posted by chowda View Post

Here's one from about four years ago....

http://www.denverpost.com/frontpage/...#ixzz2ml0wdzHa
    of course in the 'knock out' legend there is no robbery involved nor reported unlike the posts you presented in the 09 Denver post article...

just saying...

but like you point out the internet is full of interesting...

ipse
    That it is only media hype will undoubtedly make the victims feel sooo much better.

any unexpected incident which causes life changing quality of life issues, whether from an accident, violence, etc., is of course, going to have repercussions for the individual, their family(ies), as well as the community at large.

unfortunately Grapeshot, the young black males who roamed Denver's sixteenth street mall 4-5 years ago beside causing injury to those who ran across them, they also caused the community to be very wary of groups of young black males and significantly increased racial tension in the city itself, which have not healed to date.

In contrast, the recent incidents being reported as a 'national' violent trend are being committed by one individual per se, not a gaggle of ppl whose intent is on robbery, are also being touted as crimes against specific populaces - depending whom is doing the reporting.

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." (unconfirmed to Disraeli popularized by Samuel L. Clemens)

apples and peaches comparison...

Ipse
    Last edited by solus; 12-07-2013 at 01:21 PM. Reason: clarification

Send the mayor in to help.

Oh wait, I think it was tried before...

first twas you who provided the four year olde denver cite about the gang issues.

second, i have no interest in engaging someone in WI with boring facts about my background but shall grant you a boon... so shall we discuss the tyranny hookers on east Colfax, or discuss the temp inversions which cause significant pollution, or would a discussion about the firing line and it's business practices suffice, perhaps a discussion of the triangle or Edelweiss might satisfy your curiosity, or let's discuss those exact portions of the freeway system which flood regularly even from moderate rain fall, oh i know let's talk about the freeway traffic to boulder or better yet up to Fort Collins and further north, better yet how bout prop 2 or how Denver County didn't recognize the state wide mandate for CCW.

so have a good night and enjoy your own laughter watching the antics of the internet.

happy holiday in the cheese state

ipse
    Last edited by solus; 12-07-2013 at 11:02 PM. Reason: made a rude comment

Well, being from denver and having lived in the neighborhoods that those urban youth came from (five points/north capitol hill) for 20 years, had family members involved in gangs, co workers involved with gangs, and worked with a community diversion program there, ah, yeah, I don't know what I'm talking about.

So I guess everything is made up, by someone, for some reason.....

Gentlemen if you please, sirs. Leave any personal animosity outside.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast