• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Poll: 'do guns save lives?'

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
National Guns Save Lives Day and telephone poll

The Second Amendment Foundation late yesterday launched a video poll asking people whether they agree that Guns Save Lives; the latest chapter in a duel between gun rights advocates and gun prohibitionists.

The video is a key component of the build-up to national “Guns Save Lives Day,” scheduled Sunday, Dec. 15 in cooperation with the Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms and several other organizations around the country.
http://www.examiner.com/article/saf-launches-poll-do-guns-save-lives?CID=examiner_alerts_article

The video is very short - requests that you call 1-800-970-0998

Do Guns Save Lives?

Press 1 for Yes

Press 2 for No.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Yes, we all know that it is people using guns that save lives.

But going all pedantic here is not helping.

Call the number. Press 1. Hold on if you want to make a donation; hang up if you do not. But for the sake of Truth, Justice and The American Way please stop bickering about the wording of what was supposed to be a catchword/meme.

stay safe.

Last edited:

OC for ME

Technically, it is the projectile that saves lives. The gun is nothing but the mechanism to initiate the life saving process. Though, a good pistol whipping can do wonders some times. ;)

FBrinson

Jesus H! What is wrong with you people? Take the poll!! Help out with OC instead of arguing over every little thing in the world! We are all here to discuss and promote the RKBA along with OC. All this bickering and nit-picking is getting old and tiresome. It's to the point where, in my opinion, it is damaging this site and the messages and behaviors we should be promoting.

On topic: Im taking the poll right MEOW!

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Jesus H! What is wrong with you people? Take the poll!! Help out with OC instead of arguing over every little thing in the world! We are all here to discuss and promote the RKBA along with OC. All this bickering and nit-picking is getting old and tiresome. It's to the point where, in my opinion, it is damaging this site and the messages and behaviors we should be promoting.

Thank you.

Cleaning up the thread now.....done.

Last edited:

OC for ME

I participated in the poll before I posted a comment. Your assumption that those who posted did not participate in the poll is irksome.

To be somewhat nit-picking, please elaborate on the messages and behaviors you think we should be promoting.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran

To be somewhat nit-picking, please elaborate on the messages and behaviors you think we should be promoting.

Instead of debating which thing saves lives (the gun, the bullet, the person behind the gun firing the bullet) how about agreeing that it is a meme/catchphrase and supporting the notion that a lawfully armed citizen has a better chance of saving their life/the life of their loved ones/the life of an innocent stranger than does someone who has no convenient, effective and efficient means of self defense? Would that be OK with you?

stay safe.

OC for ME

Instead of debating which thing saves lives (the gun, the bullet, the person behind the gun firing the bullet) how about agreeing that it is a meme/catchphrase and supporting the notion that a lawfully armed citizen has a better chance of saving their life/the life of their loved ones/the life of an innocent stranger than does someone who has no convenient, effective and efficient means of self defense? Would that be OK with you?

stay safe.
OK, guns save lives.

JamesCanby

Activist Member
Alexandria, VA at www.NoVA-MDSelfDefense.com
Done. When do we get to see the results?

ETA: I'm glad that you stepped in and moderated the derailment over the wording. It was getting very tiresome very quickly and some of the comments about that were spot on. Good job.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Done. When do we get to see the results?

ETA: I'm glad that you stepped in and moderated the derailment over the wording. It was getting very tiresome very quickly and some of the comments about that were spot on. Good job.
As there is no ongoing/running total showing status of the poll, I earlier today contacted SAF to inquire - they will release when tabulated. As numbers sometimes will influence how people vote, they want to keep it as unbiased as possible.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Grapeshot

... they want to keep it as unbiased as possible.

Announced and offered to the antis? That is bias.
Yep - they can read too. Surely you don't doubt that we are monitored by them.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I do doubt. Your "guests" are web crawler robots from all the world's search engines.

I waste no time reading web sites selling a progressive world view, do you, do you imagine they really waste their time? Paranoia much? I have more to read than I have time remaining, certainly to waste on bathetic progressive stupidity.

Merry Christmas, God Jul!

Registered users are not bots - knowing who is what is not paranoia....know what I mean.

Likewise.

...guns do save lives....the Second Amendment Foundation is giving gun opponents an opportunity to cast a vote.............
http://www.examiner.com/article/nort...alerts_article

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
These guests - "There are currently 338 users online. 75 members and 263 guests" - of the 263, few are human.

That is likely the case in the predawn hours. Think less so throughout the day unless people never read/lurk w/o registering - like reading the newspaper that someone else left at McD's, doesn't increase the sales but true readership...yep.

Getting too far off-topic - returning to the scheduled program. First choice is to call or not - if option #1, then take the few seconds needed.

Last edited: