• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New group of FOIA requests today ~ a carnival of people who dont know the law

davidmcbeth

Banned
Was at the capitol today ... to examine the governor's internet browser history that I requested a few weeks ago.
(another subject really~I did get the record today ~ but I think its not complete)

So, since I was there & wondering if any legislation was being discussed to address gun confiscation I visited a few senators and representatives to file a verbal FOIA request to inspect records (remember, in CT you need present a written request to inspect records).

With the representatives (I had about 10 representatives with FOIA requests, including Sharkey), Dallas Dodge popped out and took notes of my request that I told him. Initially, they required it in writing (another lawyer, not Dodge)..when I told the first lawyer that I'll consider the requirement to present a written request to inspect records to be a de facto denial he said "hold on, come back in a few minutes".

So, I visited a few of the senators in waiting for Mr. Dodge to be available. Williams, Looney & Hartley all required a written request before they would accept the verbal request. Looney's guy even tried to push a piece of paper on me to write my request down.

Hahaha. These three senators just violated our FOIA Act. Now these idiots are screwed. They'll have no memory of what I asked for ... a Freedom of Information Commission complaint will be filed tomorrow on these jokers.

They can join DESPP ... another who refused a verbal FOIA request to inspect records.

Primus

Good work.... did the governor view anything interesting on his web browser?

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

davidmcbeth

Banned
Good work.... did the governor view anything interesting on his web browser?

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Well, I asked for the internet browser histories on any computers he uses for state's business. They provided me with only one. I asked for the records on 20 NOV 13.

The browser history provided showed only 7 days of history ... starting from 11-25. They made it a point to show me the internet explorer "days of history saved" screen .. showing 7 days.

But I'm guessing he deleted his history and re-set his setting. Plus its only 1 computer; ya know he has more.

So, I followed up and asked for the .dat file that will show more ... I'm sure he did not delete that ...

As of the browser history I got...it showed the following websites:

11-25-13
ctcapitolreport
ctmirror
ctnewsjunkie
11-24-13 (noted as TODAY)
www.governor.ct.gov

Yeah, this will be a complaint before our FOI commission...

Maybe I'll get him under oath ... I'll certainly request his presence to be subject to examination.