• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

A big thank you

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
I can put in my own i.v.'s when i drink thank you very much. And btw Navy Corpsman are hard as f*ck until its time to stand post then "but we're non combatants card" comes out as well as every Monday why didn't you get a haircut doc........"uhhhhh cause im not a Marine!"

Maybe things have changed, but back in The Day (the one just after light was invented) Marines did not allow FMF Corpsmen to stand any watch or do much except make up their own rack and square away their own gear. Now, as for those swab jockys running around in whites -.... We never wanted Doc to be a Marine, and properly they were held to Navy standards for haircuts and such. It was always understood that they were "different" from Marines - and appreciated in much the same way as it was appreciated that some of the females of the species are "different" - from Marines. (The rest were BAMs.:()

stay safe.

7om5hipp

Marine...My Ass Rides In Navy Equipment.

And as an Army grunt I always got the standard reply of Aint Really Marines Yet. I am sure a few know those jokes, but can anyone tell me what US Army stands for backwards...Lol.

As a Texan I am glad to see you like it there, and the people do enjoy their Vets.

Sent from my SCH-R960 using Tapatalk

SFCRetired

Marine...My Ass Rides In Navy Equipment.

And as an Army grunt I always got the standard reply of Aint Really Marines Yet. I am sure a few know those jokes, but can anyone tell me what US Army stands for backwards...Lol.

As a Texan I am glad to see you like it there, and the people do enjoy their Vets.

Dunno about backwards, but I always heard, "Uncle Sam Ain't Released Me Yet!"

Remember what I said above? Marines, Navy, Army, and even the Air Farce are all brothers and sisters. Woe be unto the civilian who picks on one in the presence of others.

As concerns medics and corpsmen: I know of one medic, now gone on to his reward, who was awarded this nation's highest honor for his conduct in battle. He is, as far as I know, one of only three conscientious objectors to have won the Medal of Honor. His name was Desmond Doss.

7om5hipp

Backwards it means. Yes My Retarded Ass Signed Up.

And before someone gets mad, I meam no offense to anyone with relatives or friends who might have learning issues.

Never heard of him, but I am going to fix that by looking him up. Sounds like he might have been a hell of a guy.

half_life1052

Backwards it means. Yes My Retarded Ass Signed Up.

And before someone gets mad, I meam no offense to anyone with relatives or friends who might have learning issues.

Never heard of him, but I am going to fix that by looking him up. Sounds like he might have been a hell of a guy.

Yeah we understood you were just busting the Air Force's chops again :) As was said elsewhere we don't bust chops with people we don't like.

SFCRetired

Doss was one hell of a guy. He went into combat totally unarmed, not even a .45, as the bearing of arms was against his church's teaching. I'm pretty sure that I would not have the intestinal fortitude to do that.

He was a devout member of the Seventh Day Adventists.

half_life1052

Doss was one hell of a guy. He went into combat totally unarmed, not even a .45, as the bearing of arms was against his church's teaching. I'm pretty sure that I would not have the intestinal fortitude to do that.

He was a devout member of the Seventh Day Adventists.

The Doss family has a large presence in the Lynchburg area. I didn't realize the history that was right here in my own backyard all this time. Thanks SFC

SFCRetired

The Doss family has a large presence in the Lynchburg area. I didn't realize the history that was right here in my own backyard all this time. Thanks SFC

My pleasure. Military history has long been one of my favorite subjects and Desmond Doss one of my personal heroes. Another one, although he was a ***gasp*** Democrat, was Senator Daniel Inouye of Hawaii. He won the Medal of Honor as a member of the most highly decorated small unit in the history of the United States Army, the 442nd Regimental Combat Team, all Japanese-Americans. What Inouye did almost made Audie Murphy look like a pansy in comparison!!:lol:

KBCraig

I asked the lady about the gun policy on campus we talked for a little bit and she asked if i had a CCW for Texas I said i did not only for MN so she gave me the local sheriffs office number and got all the info sent in my packet for the CHL and guess what 14 days later got my CHL......fastest turn around time and 100% off since im active duty

Wait a minute... Are you in Texas now?

Even active duty military has to take the CHL course, and that can only be done in Texas. You can't just "mail in a packet" and get a Texas CHL, no matter what other certificates or licenses you have.

KBCraig

He's in Aggieland - not really sure if that is Texas.

His post said, "I'm attending A&M college station after i separate from the Marine Corps in december of '14", and his location says "mn/wi/ca".

That's why I asked, because he doesn't seem to be in Texas now. Unless he went to Texas to take a course, he didn't get a Texas CHL.

devildogdiesel0311

His post said, "I'm attending A&M college station after i separate from the Marine Corps in december of '14", and his location says "mn/wi/ca".

That's why I asked, because he doesn't seem to be in Texas now. Unless he went to Texas to take a course, he didn't get a Texas CHL.

I'm sorry but your dead wrong.

All thats needed is a current LES from mypay.dfas.mil, Current Range Score from Annual Rifle, Shotgun, or Handgun qualification, Military I.D., and a Fast fingerprint from a LLEA.

Texas Government Code Sec. 411.1881. EXEMPTION FROM INSTRUCTION FOR CERTAIN PERSONS.
(a) Notwithstanding any other provision of this subchapter, a person may not be required to complete the range instruction portion of a handgun proficiency course to obtain or renew a concealed handgun license issued under this subchapter if the person:(1) is currently serving in or is honorably discharged from:(A) the army, navy, air force, coast guard, or marine corps of the United States or an auxiliary service or reserve unit of one of those branches of the armed forces; or(B) the state military forces, as defined by Section 431.001; and(2) has, within the five years preceding the date of the person's application for an original or renewed license, as applicable, completed a course of training in handgun proficiency or familiarization as part of the person's service with the armed forces or state military forces.
(b) The director by rule shall adopt a procedure by which a license holder who is exempt under Subsection (a) from the range instruction portion of the handgun proficiency requirement may submit a form demonstrating the license holder's qualification for an exemption under that subsection. The form must provide sufficient information to allow the department to verify whether the license holder qualifies for the exemption.