Thread: LEO weapons

LEO weapons

So, I am curious. What are the more popular models and manufacturers that many Law Enforcement organizations frequently purchase?

David

Quote Originally Posted by flhrci View Post
    So, I am curious. What are the more popular models and manufacturers that many Law Enforcement organizations frequently purchase?

David
    to my knowledge:
    glock 17/19
    glock 22/23
    s&w M&P
    sig 226 or 229

thats what i have seen

I carry a S&W model 686. It is a Leo gun.
    Using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan6679 View Post
    I carry a S&W model 686. It is a Leo gun.
    yeah some still issue .38/.357 mag still. i think most have gone to semi's though. i knwo bugs has some LEO trade in M&P 9mm for $389

Well when I started on the job S@W and Colt revolvers were the top choice Rugers security six had a small LEO following.

S@W by far leading the pack.

Now I believe Glock has about 80 percent of the LEO market with the rest mixed in.
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

That's about right we run 23s. I do know our staties run I believe the m&p 45. There may be some revolvers as back up guns but pretty certain they are all gone in this state for issue.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    "The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

most departments ive seen are carrying .40 cal weapons. Lots of glocks and a few sigs. Glock is probably the most economical choice for a department in that they are cheap, durable, require little training and last a long time.

To my knowledge, Columbus Division of Police regular patrol officers are equipped with Smith & Wesson M&P .40 caliber.

As for other departments, I am not sure which handguns they use.

When I was still in the OKC area I came across multiple that were using the XD40. Had one inquire about if he would be able to use his XD mags in an XDm if he upgraded (he saw me carrying my XDm40).

Depends on if they are carrying their issue weapon, or their own "I bought it"...Some LE guys I've seen still are allowed to carry their personal revolvers...Omaha Airport PD in particular...I have spent a good bit of time sitting around the airport so chat up the "gun people" I see...And Not scientific, but just by sight, about 30-40 percent are carrying S&W 357s.
    The Second Amendment is in place
    in case the politicians ignore the others

A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone