• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC conumdrum

Johnbo

So I had to call a cab from my home to ride to the other side of town. I'm oc just under my light fleece jacket. The cabby doesn't notice or does't care. On the way, he pulls into the local university to pick up another fare that's on the way. Errr.... oops. What is the law in this situation where carrying anywhere on campus property is a no no. I assume since I was in transit and never got out of the cab I wouldn't be breaking the law?

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
Considering the most general federal GFSZ law, is not the school zone defined as a thousand feet with no exceptions for public right-of-way? Which is to say, I don't recall an exception for passers-by, including in my state's law - a driving consideration in my CWL.
I would say two things: 1) as far as I know no one has been prosecuted only for this once-overturned by the USSC law, and 2) the law defines a school as one providing primary and/or secondary education, not colleges/universities.

I stand by my advice.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Is it Georgia law http://www.lexisnexis.com/hottopics/gacode/ or university policy http://rules.sos.state.ga.us/cgi-bin/page.cgi?d=1 that prohibits guns on the university campus?

But more importantly, why are you letting a cab divert - to pick up another fare, to grab a bite to eat, or any other reason?

And how do you OC "just under my light fleece jacket"? Either your jacket is covering it which makes ic CC (even if it prints like a newspaper headline) or your jacket is not covering it (in which case it would not be "just under" your jacket) which is OC.

Answer any two. Spelling, punctuation, grammer, and accuracy of the response all count equally trowards the final grade.

stay safe.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
...,and proudly.
? Really? What part of speech are you using that as?

What makes you think that grading will not be based on who your relatives are? Without the right grammer the chances of getting cookies deminishes. Why must these things be spelled out?

"Trowards" - it was in the 1975 Official Scrabble Dictionary, so it must be a word. :p

stay safe.

MyWifeSaidYes

I'm still not able to get past a cab that detours to pick up another fare.

Sounds like a great idea for the cabbie, but that time/mileage ain't gettin' paid by me!