Thread: Lt. Col. Robert Bateman , "We will pry your gun from your cold, dead, fingers."

Lt. Col. Robert Bateman , "We will pry your gun from your cold, dead, fingers."

It's Time to Talk About Guns and the Supreme Court, By Lt. Col. Robert Bateman on December 3, 2013
    [ ... ]
    1. The only guns permitted will be the following:
    2. We will pry your gun from your cold, dead, fingers.
    3. Police departments are no longer allowed to sell or auction weapons used in crimes after the cases have been closed.
    4. We will submit a new tax on ammunition.
    5. We will initiate a nationwide "buy-back" program, effective immediately, with the payouts coming from the DoD budget.
    6. The major gun manufactures of the United States, ..., will be bought out by the United States of America, for our own damned good.
    As for the NRA, they can sit on it. [email]R_Bateman_LTC@hotmail.com.
    http://www.esquire.com/blogs/politics/bateman-on-guns-120313
    Last edited by Nightmare; 12-06-2013 at 02:20 PM.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    http://www.esquire.com/blogs/politics/bateman-on-guns-120313
    It's a shame he wears the uniform of this country. That's all I can say and try to maintain some sense of decorum.
    NRA Certified Instructor
    NRA Chief Range Safety Officer
    Front Sight Distinguished Graduate, Handgun, Glock 35 and Glock 23
    FFL Type 7, Class 2 SOT (Licensed NFA Firearms Manufacturer)
    If you CCW, consider the benefits of joining CCWSafe.com.

Does anyone have, or wonder what were, Bateman's responses to the 29 Palms Survey?

Below is the a copy of the actual survey that Lt. Cmd. Ernest Guy Cunningham gave on May 10, 1994 at 29 Palms Naval Base in California.

COMBAT ARMS SURVEY

This questionnaire is to gather data concerning the attitudes of combat trained personnel with regard to nontraditional missions. All of your responses are confidential. Write your answers directly on the questionnaire form. In Part II, place an "X" in the space provided for your response. [ ... ]

45. The U.S. government declares a ban on the possession, sale, transportation, and transfer of all non-sporting firearms. A thirty (30) day amnesty period is permitted for these fireamis to be turned over to the local authorities. At the end of this period, a number of citizen groups refuse to tum over their firearms. Consider the following statement:

I would fire upon U.S. citizens who refuse or resist confiscation of firearms banned by the U.S. government.
    http://29palmssurvey.com/survey.html

Banned
    Odd, this guy has not shown on my doorstep. ***** he is...

AAhhhhhhh ... I got bleeped !
    Last edited by davidmcbeth; 12-06-2013 at 05:11 PM.

Ok so we have a crazy LTC. They aren't even that high up in the food chain. What's the point? Did they show results to the survey? Please post of so.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    "The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

Quote Originally Posted by Primus View Post
    Ok so we have a crazy LTC. They aren't even that high up in the food chain. What's the point? Did they show results to the survey? Please post of so.

The 29 palms survey is real, it was a post graduate thesis by a naval officer who was trying to demonstrate that there was a lack of understanding about federal law and the constitution in the ranks, it was sent to 300 male marines serving as infantrymen, and part of that experiment by one man seeking a masters degree, it was never officially sanctioned by the government.... The survey author LCDR Guy Cunningham,
    USN (ret) is now a member of oath keepers.....
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member

"They aren't even that high up in the food chain." The mind boggles.

Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle View Post
    The 29 palms survey is real, it was a post graduate thesis by a naval officer who was trying to demonstrate that there was a lack of understanding about federal law and the constitution in the ranks, it was sent to 300 male marines serving as infantrymen, and part of that experiment by one man seeking a masters degree, it was never officially sanctioned by the government.... The survey author LCDR Guy Cunningham,
    USN (ret) is now a member of oath keepers.....
    Thanks for the clarification. Are the results available? I apologize if its linked I haven't checked it with my phone.

"The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Another person who took an oath the constitution yet doesn't understand it.

Our local Oath keepers are full of guys like that, and they are almost unanimously anti OC.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
    Well to begin with, look at this man. Does he look like he has ever had his boots on the ground? He looks more like Jackie Gleason than a hardened infantry vet.

"In 2011 the number of gun deaths in the United States was 10.3 per 100,000 citizens."

This figure includes guns deaths by suicide, unintentional (probably accidents, etc.), and undetermined. For murders, we find 3.6 per 100,000. And most of those involve gangs, drug killings, and criminal upon criminal shootings. I would bet that the UK has a suicide rate not much different that ours. And Japan's is way higher than that in this nation. The UK and Japan just use different tools to bring about their suicide deaths.

Next up, he knows little about the English language or the history of the founding of this nation. My guess is he did poorly in both or was a product of a more "progressive" public education. Then he says this;

"During the American Civil War, a topic about which I know a little bit.."

Big error right up front. There was no American Civil War. Civil wars are fought among people within the same country. The War for Southern Independence was fought between two separate nations, therefore it could not possibly be a "civil war".

This man is a travesty in uniform and doesn't deserve to wear that uniform for his country. This article is disgusting. If you read it to the end, what you will quickly understand is that he supports and dreams of a totalitarian military regime. Can you spell Nazi?
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!

I would like to see this LTC brought in front of a General Court Martial on the following charges:

1. Conduct unbecoming an officer.
    2. Gross violation of oath of office.
    3. Inappropriate commenting on political matters.

What makes it worse is that he made these inappropriate comments while stationed in another country. I no longer have an updated copy of either the UCMJ or the Manual for Courts Martial, but, from what I remember of them, if the officers on the Court did their duty as they are supposed to, the LTC would be reduced to the lowest enlisted rank, dishonorably discharged, and sentenced to not less than five years in the U.S. Disciplinary Barracks.

He is a disgusting excuse for a human being who should have never been allowed to don the honorable uniform of a commissioned officer.
    "Happiness is a warm shotgun!!"
    "I am neither a pessimist nor a cynic. I am, rather, a realist."
    "The most dangerous things I've ever encountered were a Second Lieutenant with a map and a compass and a Private who was bored and had time on his hands."

Quote Originally Posted by SFCRetired View Post
    I would like to see this LTC brought in front of a General Court Martial on the following charges:

What makes it worse is that he made these inappropriate comments while stationed in another country. I no longer have an updated copy of either the UCMJ or the Manual for Courts Martial, but, from what I remember of them, if the officers on the Court did their duty as they are supposed to, the LTC would be reduced to the lowest enlisted rank, dishonorably discharged, and sentenced to not less than five years in the U.S. Disciplinary Barracks.

He is a disgusting excuse for a human being who should have never been allowed to don the honorable uniform of a commissioned officer.
    Isn't it against the UCMJ for commissioned officers to use "contemptious words" against government officials, or is that limited only to the president? I can't remember which one....
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member

This one sentence says it all about this excuse for a man. Well done.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

America First!

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernBoy View Post
    Well to begin with, look at this man. Does he look like he has ever had his boots on the ground? He looks more like Jackie Gleason than a hardened infantry vet.
    The pictures in Esquire are not the correct LTC Bateman. The first picture is actually Supreme Court Justice Scalia. A Google search can get you the correct idiot. This system at work only allows one browser open at a time, or I would have gotten the picture for you (did the same thing yesterday for another forum).

OK, here it is. The smaller pic at the top of the page (larger further down) shows him as the man standing at the RH end. The other two Army officers and the Marine placed the USAF officer between themselves and Bateman.

http://csis.org/program/military-fellows
    Last edited by bc.cruiser; 12-09-2013 at 03:14 PM.

1. @EMNofSeattle: Yes, it is most assuredly a court martial offense for any officer, non-commissioned officer, or enlisted man to "use contemptuous words" against superior officers, or elected members of the government. At least that is how I remember the wording in the UCMJ. 2. @SouthernBoy: Thank you! I tried to put every bit of the contempt I feel in that sentence. I served with too many outstanding officers to have that piece of crap pull down the officer corps.
    "The most dangerous things I've ever encountered were a Second Lieutenant with a map and a compass and a Private who was bored and had time on his hands."

Quote Originally Posted by bc.cruiser View Post
    The pictures in Esquire are not the correct LTC Bateman. The first picture is actually Supreme Court Justice Scalia. A Google search can get you the correct idiot. This system at work only allows one browser open at a time, or I would have gotten the picture for you (did the same thing yesterday for another forum).

OK, here it is. The smaller pic at the top of the page (larger further down) shows him as the man standing at the RH end. The other two Army officers and the Marine placed the USAF officer between themselves and Bateman.

http://csis.org/program/military-fellows
    Thank you for correcting me. I should have checked more carefully.

America First!

1. @EMNofSeattle: Yes, it is most assuredly a court martial offense for any officer, non-commissioned officer, or enlisted man to "use contemptuous words" against superior officers, or elected members of the government. At least that is how I remember the wording in the UCMJ. 2. @SouthernBoy: Thank you! I tried to put every bit of the contempt I feel in that sentence. I served with too many outstanding officers to have that piece of crap pull down the officer corps.
    I have never served in the military, however I have the utmost respect for those who have. My wife worked for the Army ASA for 6 1/2 years and for the NAVY NavAir for close to 21 years. I had the good fortune to meet a number of the people with whom she worked.

"I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God."

As far as I can determine this poor example of a man violated his oath of service and as such, should be held up to a courts martial. It clearly states, "..I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States.." and to my understanding, that means all of it. He cannot choose what he will defend and what he will reject.

And as for, "I served with too many outstanding officers to have that piece of crap pull down the officer corps.", I couldn't agree more. One of the Army men my wife worked with in ASA served three tours in Vietnam. His first tour was pounding the ground. The next two were in Army intelligence. He once asked me if I had ever seen the movie "The Green Berets" to which I replied that I had. He then asked, "Remember the fire base attack scene?" to which I again replied in the affirmative. He told me he was in something very much like that and that once you convince yourself you are going to die, you can do some amazing things. He was a soft spoken good 'ole boy from Georgia who was one hell of a shot with a rifle.

I went to Fort Lee in the fall of '65 for my Army physical. I was a 1A and figured I would be in country in Nam by the summer of '66. My draft status was changed to a 1Y (mild physical deferment) after that physical and I just never got called up.

Thank you for your service to our country and keep the faith.

America First!

SouthernBoy, it is a very small world indeed! My first term of enlistment, 1961-1964, was in the ASA. When I came due for reenlistment, I told them I would reenlist infantry, armor, or artillery, but never the ASA. Too many bad stories coming back from Vietnam about guys in ASA who had gone over there.

As another note, I went through BCT at Ft. Jackson, SC, with a guy from Georgia who was a crack shot with the Garand. Often wondered what happened to him.

When I was active in usenet, a kid from some university (Notre Dame, I think) posted a message in talk.politics.guns declaring that he was in Army ROTC, declared that all guns would be taken away, and that gun owners would be put in camps.

Several of us who'd been Army officers sent emails to the Professor of Military Science at his school inquiring as to whether ROTC cadets and service members were still forbidden to make statements in the name of the U.S. Army without expressed authorization. The answer was "yes".

There were no more "concentration camps for gun owners" posts from that kid. In fact, there were no more posts from him AT ALL.

I doubt any such action will be taken against the traitor in question, at least not with Urkel occupying the White House.
    --- Gun control: The theory that 110lb. women have the "right" to fistfight with 210lb. rapists.

The Abuse of Military History

I have been reading some of Mr. Bateman's work at the "Small Wars Journal". I am not convinced he is "anti"; read his article titlled "The Abuse of Military History" .

The article in Esquire ironically left out the words, "the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"; and makes his argument fall short of any logic. I would submit it was purposfully written to elicit a specific reaction.

Just some food for thinkin' on.

~Whitney
    The problem with America is stupidity.
    I'm not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?

Quote Originally Posted by Whitney View Post
    The article in Esquire ironically left out the words, "the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"; and makes his argument fall short of any logic. I would submit it was purposfully written to elicit a specific reaction.

~Whitney
    i noticed the same thing. He thoughtfully left out the other half of the 2A.

I also dont recall the 2A mentioning hunting at all.