Thread: How would self defense apply in this situation?

How would self defense apply in this situation?

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/men...obbing-people/

FUG
    A good Samaritan with a camera helped in catching an off-duty Detroit Police Officer and his former DPD accomplice, who were involved in a pistol-whipping and robbery outside a Citgo gas station.
    Read more at http://thefreethoughtproject.com/men...4lrQlHcbpY6.99
    Self defense should apply whomever the attacker is however, would a situation like this change anything?
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

What was the results of the case? Were they charged or fired?

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    "The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

Banned
    According to WJBK,, now under arrest are two police sergeants, a 47-year-old officer and 20-year veteran of the Detroit Police Department and his 42-year-old buddy from the police academy, who is a former DPD cop and 17-year veteran of the St. Clair Shores Police Department. The later recently received a distinguished service award.

“In fact, they were police officers, just not working on-duty at the time,” Craig said.

Read more at http://thefreethoughtproject.com/men...4V0UIlvD4eD.99

Well, at least they were not on the company dime during the robberies. I think that this would also include a "citizen's arrest" aspect myself.

Not knowing much about MI citizen arrests statues and case law, maybe someone else will chime in.

Wonder if the cop had to turn in his "distinguished service" award .. wa wa waaaa.

Thanks for the update david.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    "The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Just another isolated incident.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post

I need a macro written for that phrase !!!

Officers attorney said they Sgts were pursuing cellphone stolen from one of them's teenage daughter.
    Looks like more to the story than at first glance.
    “Men live without other security than what their own strength and their own invention shall furnish them"
    -Thomas Hobbes 1651

Founder's Club Member
    Responding to the situation where two cops were charged in one week, Chief Cathy Lanier of Metro DC PD, said, "We recognize that the actions of individual officers reflect on the entire department." Washington Times 12/6/13.

Even cops admit a rotten apple affects the whole barrel.
    Last edited by Citizen; 12-08-2013 at 03:19 PM.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Since it's you I figure you forgot your emo-con.

Just in case though. 2 Macon police officers arrested for stealing a tractor
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    Responding to the situation where two cops were charged in one week, Chief Cathy Lanier of Metro DC PD, said, "We recognize that the actions of individual officers reflect on the entire department." Washington Times 12/6/13.

Let's parse out his comment staying on the safe side of LE bashing.

The Chief is told she -has- to say =something=.

We recognize the 'Royal' We? The chief sidesteps any blame - doesn't say 'I', accepting any responsibility. They "recognize" it? Who writes like that? Patsy Ramsey, lol.

...a few individuals <- called a 'limited hang out', implying that these 'people' (were they cops, you don't know; they were few, i.e. not indicative of the many)

reflect on the whole department <- The reader is supposed to think the whole department is marred, is ruminating about this.

The proper term is something like 'cast doubt', or cast aspersions on, reflect in a negative light is another idiom commonly used. Or 'reflect poorly', but to just say reflect? It's equivocal.

Maybe it was a small foreign faction? At least the Chief recognizes it wouldn't be prudent to have had an untight 18th century deck piece see the sharp light of day?
    Last edited by Maverick9; 12-09-2013 at 04:51 AM.

Detroit.....nuff said.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post

+1

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom1Man View Post
    Since it's you I figure you forgot your emo-con.

Just in case though. 2 Macon police officers arrested for stealing a tractor
    Since it was me I wouldn't think one was necessary....

I started a FB Page called another isolated incident. Quite depressing actually when I can find several a day if I wanted to, so I limit my posting and encourage others to do so.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

+1

Since it was me I wouldn't think one was necessary....

I started a FB Page called another isolated incident. Quite depressing actually when I can find several a day if I wanted to, so I limit my posting and encourage others to do so.
    Visit "Moms demand unarmed victims" next time you're on. It's a satire....