• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

How would self defense apply in this situation?

Freedom1Man

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/me...ps-robbing-people-turned-cops-robbing-people/

FUG
A good Samaritan with a camera helped in catching an off-duty Detroit Police Officer and his former DPD accomplice, who were involved in a pistol-whipping and robbery outside a Citgo gas station.
Read more at http://thefreethoughtproject.com/me...rned-cops-robbing-people/#zRbUS4lrQlHcbpY6.99

Self defense should apply whomever the attacker is however, would a situation like this change anything?

Primus

What was the results of the case? Were they charged or fired?

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

davidmcbeth

Banned
According to WJBK,, now under arrest are two police sergeants, a 47-year-old officer and 20-year veteran of the Detroit Police Department and his 42-year-old buddy from the police academy, who is a former DPD cop and 17-year veteran of the St. Clair Shores Police Department. The later recently received a distinguished service award.

“In fact, they were police officers, just not working on-duty at the time,” Craig said.

Read more at http://thefreethoughtproject.com/me...rned-cops-robbing-people/#qZUpq4V0UIlvD4eD.99

Well, at least they were not on the company dime during the robberies. I think that this would also include a "citizen's arrest" aspect myself.

Not knowing much about MI citizen arrests statues and case law, maybe someone else will chime in.

Wonder if the cop had to turn in his "distinguished service" award .. wa wa waaaa.

HPmatt

Officers attorney said they Sgts were pursuing cellphone stolen from one of them's teenage daughter.
Looks like more to the story than at first glance.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Just another isolated incident.

Responding to the situation where two cops were charged in one week, Chief Cathy Lanier of Metro DC PD, said, "We recognize that the actions of individual officers reflect on the entire department." Washington Times 12/6/13.

Even cops admit a rotten apple affects the whole barrel.

Last edited:

Maverick9

Responding to the situation where two cops were charged in one week, Chief Cathy Lanier of Metro DC PD, said, "We recognize that the actions of individual officers reflect on the entire department." Washington Times 12/6/13.

Let's parse out his comment staying on the safe side of LE bashing.

The Chief is told she -has- to say =something=.

We recognize the 'Royal' We? The chief sidesteps any blame - doesn't say 'I', accepting any responsibility. They "recognize" it? Who writes like that? Patsy Ramsey, lol.

...a few individuals <- called a 'limited hang out', implying that these 'people' (were they cops, you don't know; they were few, i.e. not indicative of the many)

reflect on the whole department <- The reader is supposed to think the whole department is marred, is ruminating about this.

The proper term is something like 'cast doubt', or cast aspersions on, reflect in a negative light is another idiom commonly used. Or 'reflect poorly', but to just say reflect? It's equivocal.

Maybe it was a small foreign faction? At least the Chief recognizes it wouldn't be prudent to have had an untight 18th century deck piece see the sharp light of day? :)

Last edited:

sudden valley gunner

+1

Since it's you I figure you forgot your emo-con.

Just in case though. 2 Macon police officers arrested for stealing a tractor

Since it was me I wouldn't think one was necessary....;)

I started a FB Page called another isolated incident. Quite depressing actually when I can find several a day if I wanted to, so I limit my posting and encourage others to do so.