• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Enhanced carry

MilProGuy

Hello all, I have not been on in a while and I see nothing is happening as far as Ms is concerned. I just wanted to share, I took the class and got my enhanced carry today and had a great time with a great instructor. I will be going to apply on my 21 birthday for my CC next week. Thought I would share and hopefully encourage some others to find the time to get it thanks to those pesky no gun signs.

You may be correct, though I hope not. I was informed by my Instructor that gave me my certificate that it took away any possible trespassing charges from me carrying, that's the same thing the trooper that fingerprinted me said as we'll. If it didn't take away the trespassing it would be pointless because most everyplace on the list I can now carry have no gun signs.

I just got off the phone with a Sgt. from troop K in Biloxi as we'll as one in Jackson, I was told that the enhanced carry does exactly what I thought, it allows us to carry with our IC past no gun signs without threat if prosecution...and he even gave me a speech on never drawing my firearm unless I plan to shoot, food for thought :).

No I'll use our recorded conversation, plus my enhanced carry instructor, and a lawyer. Also I'm not going to get caught.

I have heard talk around town about Mississippi's Enhanced Carry, but the information you have provided in this thread really has enlightened me on this subject. Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with us.

Even though I just renewed my regular MS Firearms Permit for another five years, I think I'll look into the Enhanced Carry program.

P.S. Since you're a Glocklover, I'll share this tidbit with you. In December I purchased my first Glock pistol (G27 .40 S&W), and I'm already a huge fan of the gun! With the splendid Glock sights and the Crimson Trace Instinctive Grip Laser, I can dang nigh shoot the center of the target out at 7 yards.
:monkey

Eeyore

I just got off the phone with a Sgt. from troop K in Biloxi as we'll as one in Jackson, I was told that the enhanced carry does exactly what I thought, it allows us to carry with our IC past no gun signs without threat if prosecution...and he even gave me a speech on never drawing my firearm unless I plan to shoot, food for thought :).

To clarify: the IC allows you to carry in posted areas without threat of prosecution for violation of 45-9-101. However, the owner can still ask you to leave for any reason, including for being armed if they somehow become aware. If you fail to comply, then you can be charged with trespass, an entirely different charge governed by an entirely separate statute. Reference handgunlaw.us:

"§ 97-37-7(2) states that, with a few exceptions, a person with the endorsement may carry weapons in “any location listed in subsection (13) of Section 45-9-101” which would include posted premises. While it is not a violation of the concealed weapons laws to carry in a posted premises it could exceed the scope of the license holder’s invitation if s/he knowingly entered the premises in violation of the owner’s instructions. The most appropriate charge would therefore be trespassing. See § 97-17-97 making such crime a misdemeanor punishable by up to a $500 fine and/or six months in the county jail."