• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

boy posts picture of gun on instagram, gets arrested

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Terroristic threats only need to be inferred. There is no need to imply them, let alone actually utter them.

Wonder if when the first kid is convicted the DA will ask for reimbursement of the Chief's dry cleaning bill? It probably will Depends on whether or not he was Poise'd towards Tranquility or Attends the Kendall Campus of Nightingale where he learned to Prevail.

stay safe.

R027

What the Fuch?! I can't believe stories like this; 16 years ago I was in elementary school playing cops and robbers, finger guns and all, without the faculty losing their minds.

Last edited:

EMNofSeattle

my humble opinion

goober #1 posts pic of gun saying "ready to go to school" police responded apropriately

kid #2 posts he loves revolvers and a picture of a colt, police overreacted and violated his rights.

77zach

Connecticut. The Constitution State. What a sick joke.

Where modern guns are now banned and where one if legally obligated to make sure your friends don't kill themselves driving. Remind me never to go there.

OC for ME

Both kids got screwed, especially kid number 1. Overreaction and misapplication of the law. DC? Catch-all charge cuz the cops did not do a reasonable investigation. Knee-jerk reaction by jerks.

The second kid's parents need to sue the cops. The first kid's parents are SOL cuz CT is hyper-oversensitive.