• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Officer who fired at Runaway fam's mini-van fired.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Fired?

Of course, the sanctified enforcer caste only gets fired. Where are the charges for reckless discharge? Child endangerment?

onus

glad he was fired.

my condolensces to eye and walking wolf and prius

sudden valley gunner

Is he a elected official? Did you get his comments on tape? The Interwebz is a great resource to toss duds like that from public office.

Appointed, now he is the city's disclosure attorney and he works very hard to remove incriminating evidence against cops.

Yes I did record it, and it is somewhere on my old phone.

WalkingWolf

glad he was fired.

my condolensces to eye and walking wolf and prius

Why would we want your condolences? You have some serious mental issues that need a professional. I had not even posted in this thread until now. The officer should be charged with endangering, by now you should no I excuse breaking the law for no one. But instead of waiting to hear my take you made a absurd, ignorant remark that clearly shows your level of intelligence.

You have my condolences~~but there is help out there for you if you decide to get it.

solus

Trooper Montoya has hired an attorney to assist in getting his job back.

according to the news blurb it is interesting to note in Trooper Montoya's report

quote In a police report, Montoya says he heard his fellow officers talk about a gun as he ran toward the back of the minivan. unquote

http://www.krqe.com/news/crime/cop-who-shot-at-minivan-wants-job-back

yet the Trooper who smashed in the passenger window with his baton hasn't been sanctioned...YET!

the Lady driving the mini-van has been charged with felony fleeing and felony child abuse for putting her kids at risk.!

uh lets see it is the troopers putting her children at risk isn't it?
Ipse

onus

Why would we want your condolences? You have some serious mental issues that need a professional. I had not even posted in this thread until now. The officer should be charged with endangering, by now you should no I excuse breaking the law for no one. But instead of waiting to hear my take you made a absurd, ignorant remark that clearly shows your level of intelligence.

You have my condolences~~but there is help out there for you if you decide to get it.

How come you aren't a police officer anymore ? Were you fired ? Did you grow a conscious and realize you just couldn't do it anymore ?

I know this must be difficult for you to see police officers getting held accountable.

Maverick9

They're not serious. They don't really sanction or fail to condone this kind of behavior - overly eager use of a firearm in situations which do not involve very dangerous predators, or known criminals.

Yes it's dangerous to drive away from a legal stop. But we're not talking criminal mastermind, gangs, organized crime, serial killers.

We're talking van full of kids. You got the license number, pick 'em up later. There's a distinct lack of control of ego which makes someone in authority use a deadly weapon because their authority was disrespected.

They stopped overly aggressive car chases. They could put in place a rule about shooting at traffic stop perps without special circumstances.

onus

The only regret the police have is they were caught on video.

This is why police don't like being filmed.

onus

They filmed themselves, are you that stupid?

Sorry Grape...

Doesn't matter if they filmed themselves. Criminals film themselves all the time.

The police regret that they were filmed. This is why police don't like being filmed.

WalkingWolf

Doesn't matter if they filmed themselves. Criminals film themselves all the time.

The police regret that they were filmed. This is why police don't like being filmed.

If the police did not want to be filmed by dash cams they would work in departments without them. I am sure this cop wasn't using his noggin, and the filming did not matter. Like you he let his emotions take over instead of common sense and logic. He did something stupid, much like your claim above. Which is the most idiotic I have heard yet. That they film themselves because they don't like to be filmed.:lol::lol:

onus

If the police did not want to be filmed by dash cams they would work in departments without them. I am sure this cop wasn't using his noggin, and the filming did not matter. Like you he let his emotions take over instead of common sense and logic. He did something stupid, much like your claim above. Which is the most idiotic I have heard yet. That they film themselves because they don't like to be filmed.:lol::lol:

Officers in general aren't afraid of dash cam video because they know they can just make it disappear. I'm shocked this department didn't make that happen.

I know this is a difficult time for you seeing a cop get fired for attempting to murder children.

You'll get over it though.

WalkingWolf

Officers in general aren't afraid of dash cam video because they know they can just make it disappear. I'm shocked this department didn't make that happen.

I know this is a difficult time for you seeing a cop get fired for attempting to murder children.

You'll get over it though.

I'm happy he got fired, he screwed up. I just can't get over your stupid insinuations that are completely insane.