Results 1 to 22 of 22

Thread: Malum Prohibitum. "...We're Hunting Humans."

  1. #1
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Fairfax Co., VA
    Posts
    18,766

    Malum Prohibitum. "...We're Hunting Humans."

    Listen as Indiana DNR narrator openly admits they're hunting:

    "...frustrated hunters on their way home will take the bait..." 49 second mark (emphasis by Citizen)

    and

    "..not bad people. Its good people who have a lapse of judgement..." 4:00 mark.


    Weigh the effort and equipment expense to hunt for the kind of people they say they are hunting, and confiscating weapons. Notice they're not hunting any big league poachers who are threating to extinct the game or wrecking the herd. They're hunting...well...like they said: frustrated hunters and good people.

    Excuse me. I'm feeling sick. This is what happens with run-away government. What a sick bunch of **cks.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgOipZyp4-g
    Last edited by Citizen; 12-09-2013 at 02:38 AM.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

    If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

    There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

  2. #2
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,611
    So you have a problem with pursuing/prosecuting poachers and hunters who deliberately break the law? Poaching and other forms of illegal hunting have become a problem of varying degrees in almost all states.

    Most hunters are ethical and scrupulously follow the laws to their and our credit. Sorry that some are frustrated by not bagging "their" deer, but that is just part of the experience. It does not excuse crossing the line and IMO should not be given a free pass.

    We even have a rule to that effect:
    (15) WE ADVOCATE FOR THE 'LAW-ABIDING' ONLY: Posts advocating illegal acts of any kind are NOT welcome here. Even if you feel that a law is unconstitutional we do not break it, we repeal it or defeat it in the courts.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  3. #3
    Regular Member OC for ME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    White Oak Plantation
    Posts
    12,272
    It's way too easy to go out the next day. Though, in South Carolina, deer season is Sept 1 to Dec 31. I stock up on doe tags and pass them out as needed. The greatest threat to my hunting is my hunting club's trophy rule. So, I take a doe at every opportunity to stock the freezer. Keep it legit and come back and hunt another day.

  4. #4
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    It's not the fact the hunters are breaking the law, it is the statements of the officials admittedly entrapping "not bad people".
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Thru Death's Door in Wisconsin
    Posts
    13,153

    Malum Prohibitum control is merely more control

    Malum Prohibitum control is merely more control by self-appointed sheepdogs. Look; gun-control, birth-control, pollution-control, security-control, voter-control, traffic-control, fiscal-control, tax-control

    Here, the Town has continued the ban on rifle hunting in the name of safety, meanwhile the blue-hairs still wear blaze-orange to not be murdered as a "deer" and my town supervisor reported homes hit and penetrated by gun-shot - but not reported in the society-rag-snoozepaper, it's busy touting O'Bummer's economy.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

  6. #6
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,611
    Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    It's not the fact the hunters are breaking the law, it is the statements of the officials admittedly entrapping "not bad people".
    We all individually make choices and we each are ultimately the only one responsible for those choices. We can take the high road.......or not.

    What would an honorable person do if he/she found an old worn purse with $106.83 and a check balance of $91.10 in a parking lot on Dec 20th with ID in it showing a tired, elderly grandmother? A few would remove the money, throw the purse aside, and thank their good fortune. Not "bad people" were tempted.

    Believing in the general goodness of people, IMO most would contact the owner and return it eschewing any reward.

    A few rare people would add a C-note or two and wish her a Merry Christmas......and mean every word of it.

    Like I said, we all individually make choices.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  7. #7
    Regular Member OC for ME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    White Oak Plantation
    Posts
    12,272
    So, cops bait citizens and that is OK. Citizens baiting cops is a no-no.....got it.

  8. #8
    Regular Member Primus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    4,216
    Another one? Why is every other thread on here about leos now?

    Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    "The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

  9. #9
    Regular Member OC for ME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    White Oak Plantation
    Posts
    12,272
    The gift that keeps on giving. It is the season for giving.

  10. #10
    Regular Member Primus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    4,216
    Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    So, cops bait citizens and that is OK. Citizens baiting cops is a no-no.....got it.
    Define baiting. Baiting citizen with buys or CIs then sure. You can try baiting a cop with drugs if you want. Walk up to them with your video rolling and see if they will buy from you. If they do then submit info and get a prosecution.

    Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    "The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

  11. #11
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Fairfax Co., VA
    Posts
    18,766
    Quote Originally Posted by Primus View Post
    Define baiting. Baiting citizen with buys or CIs then sure. You can try baiting a cop with drugs if you want. Walk up to them with your video rolling and see if they will buy from you. If they do then submit info and get a prosecution.

    Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    He's refering to the numerous, but not recent, times that cop apologists and cops have howled on this forum against OCers "baiting" cops by OCing, and "trying to get cops to react" so they "can get it on their recorders".

    We pretty much shut down those arguments by pointing out that if cops simply observed the 4th and 5th Amendment, and left OCers alone, there wouldn't have to worry about it. And, that even if the OCers were "testing" the cops, there would be nothing wrong with it because its a citizen's duty to keep an eye on government, that sort of thing.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

    If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

    There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

  12. #12
    Regular Member OC for ME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    White Oak Plantation
    Posts
    12,272
    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    He's refering to the numerous, but not recent, times that cop apologists and cops have howled on this forum against OCers "baiting" cops by OCing, and "trying to get cops to react" so they "can get it on their recorders".

    We pretty much shut down those arguments by pointing out that if cops simply observed the 4th and 5th Amendment, and left OCers alone, there wouldn't have to worry about it. And, that even if the OCers were "testing" the cops, there would be nothing wrong with it because its a citizen's duty to keep an eye on government, that sort of thing.
    Dang.....I was gunna slam him with just one word.....Texas subforum. I gotta get me a cup of coffee so I can keep up.

  13. #13
    Regular Member Maverick9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Mid-atlantic
    Posts
    1,505
    Quote Originally Posted by Primus View Post
    Define baiting. Baiting citizen with buys or CIs then sure. You can try baiting a cop with drugs if you want. Walk up to them with your video rolling and see if they will buy from you. If they do then submit info and get a prosecution.

    Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    How are you gonna get this on film? It's rarer than Bigfoot?!

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Thru Death's Door in Wisconsin
    Posts
    13,153
    As W. C.Fields taught us, You Can't Cheat and Honest Man, you can't bait an honest cop, but "never give a sucker an even break!"
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

  15. #15
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    We all individually make choices and we each are ultimately the only one responsible for those choices. We can take the high road.......or not.

    What would an honorable person do if he/she found an old worn purse with $106.83 and a check balance of $91.10 in a parking lot on Dec 20th with ID in it showing a tired, elderly grandmother? A few would remove the money, throw the purse aside, and thank their good fortune. Not "bad people" were tempted.

    Believing in the general goodness of people, IMO most would contact the owner and return it eschewing any reward.

    A few rare people would add a C-note or two and wish her a Merry Christmas......and mean every word of it.

    Like I said, we all individually make choices.
    I don't think coming across someone else's property equates to foraging for food. Maybe that's just me.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  16. #16
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,611
    Originally Posted by Grapeshot

    So you have a problem with pursuing/prosecuting poachers and hunters who deliberately break the law? Poaching and other forms of illegal hunting have become a problem of varying degrees in almost all states.

    Most hunters are ethical and scrupulously follow the laws to their and our credit. Sorry that some are frustrated by not bagging "their" deer, but that is just part of the experience. It does not excuse crossing the line and IMO should not be given a free pass.

    We even have a rule to that effect:
    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    This looks like a personal attack to me.

    And, a big stretch. Its quit apparent that I was criticizing IN DNR for its priorities, not excusing the citizens. The moderator even threw the Rule 15 card (we advocate for the law-abiding only).

    The only way he can reach that interpretation of my words is if he adds it himself.

    Rather than expressly highlight false premises and calmly explain why they're false premises, he launches an antagonistic attack.
    Would be funny if you didn't have such an apparent agenda and dislike for rules applied in accordance with policy.

    Someone recently accused me of using moderation (edit & deletion) to make my point - I willing plead guilty to that as those are the tools provided. Ignoring the proper procedure to report perceived transgressions of a Moderator and thereby going off-topic will get my attention, particularly if that user has a history of same.

    BTW - quoting a rule and giving a reason has never been "antagonistic."
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  17. #17
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,611
    Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    Anything can be done antagonistically or selfishly.

    [delete] <----- Press this.
    So we see
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  18. #18
    Regular Member OC for ME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    White Oak Plantation
    Posts
    12,272
    For maximum effect, and to address the poor choice of words "We're hunting humans..." can I get a license for that, or is a badge sufficient or all that you need.

  19. #19
    Regular Member Primus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    4,216
    Just need a badge there is no tag limit either and its open season all year.

    Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    "The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

  20. #20
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    Quote Originally Posted by Primus View Post
    Just need a badge there is no tag limit either and its open season all year.

    Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    ^^^^^^^^ Said from experience.....
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  21. #21
    Regular Member Primus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    4,216
    Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    ^^^^^^^^ Said from experience.....
    You betcha. You can run but you'll get caught tired.

    I'm proud of my ability to "hunt" bad guys. 90% of the time there is no violence involved just cat and mouse.

    Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    "The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

  22. #22
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    Quote Originally Posted by Primus View Post
    You betcha. You can run but you'll get caught tired.

    I'm proud of my ability to "hunt" bad guys. 90% of the time there is no violence involved just cat and mouse.

    Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    Yea but in proper context it's hunting humans.

    We already proved the lie that it isn't "violence".
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •