• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Malum Prohibitum. "...We're Hunting Humans."

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Listen as Indiana DNR narrator openly admits they're hunting:

"...frustrated hunters on their way home will take the bait..." 49 second mark (emphasis by Citizen)

and

"..not bad people. Its good people who have a lapse of judgement..." 4:00 mark.

Weigh the effort and equipment expense to hunt for the kind of people they say they are hunting, and confiscating weapons. Notice they're not hunting any big league poachers who are threating to extinct the game or wrecking the herd. They're hunting...well...like they said: frustrated hunters and good people.

Excuse me. I'm feeling sick. This is what happens with run-away government. What a sick bunch of **cks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgOipZyp4-g

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
So you have a problem with pursuing/prosecuting poachers and hunters who deliberately break the law? Poaching and other forms of illegal hunting have become a problem of varying degrees in almost all states.

Most hunters are ethical and scrupulously follow the laws to their and our credit. Sorry that some are frustrated by not bagging "their" deer, but that is just part of the experience. It does not excuse crossing the line and IMO should not be given a free pass.

We even have a rule to that effect:
(15) WE ADVOCATE FOR THE 'LAW-ABIDING' ONLY: Posts advocating illegal acts of any kind are NOT welcome here. Even if you feel that a law is unconstitutional we do not break it, we repeal it or defeat it in the courts.

OC for ME

It's way too easy to go out the next day. Though, in South Carolina, deer season is Sept 1 to Dec 31. I stock up on doe tags and pass them out as needed. The greatest threat to my hunting is my hunting club's trophy rule. So, I take a doe at every opportunity to stock the freezer. Keep it legit and come back and hunt another day.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
It's not the fact the hunters are breaking the law, it is the statements of the officials admittedly entrapping "not bad people".
We all individually make choices and we each are ultimately the only one responsible for those choices. We can take the high road.......or not.

What would an honorable person do if he/she found an old worn purse with $106.83 and a check balance of $91.10 in a parking lot on Dec 20th with ID in it showing a tired, elderly grandmother? A few would remove the money, throw the purse aside, and thank their good fortune. Not "bad people" were tempted.

Believing in the general goodness of people, IMO most would contact the owner and return it eschewing any reward.

A few rare people would add a C-note or two and wish her a Merry Christmas......and mean every word of it.

Like I said, we all individually make choices.

Primus

Another one? Why is every other thread on here about leos now?

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Primus

So, cops bait citizens and that is OK. Citizens baiting cops is a no-no.....got it.

Define baiting. Baiting citizen with buys or CIs then sure. You can try baiting a cop with drugs if you want. Walk up to them with your video rolling and see if they will buy from you. If they do then submit info and get a prosecution.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Define baiting. Baiting citizen with buys or CIs then sure. You can try baiting a cop with drugs if you want. Walk up to them with your video rolling and see if they will buy from you. If they do then submit info and get a prosecution.

He's refering to the numerous, but not recent, times that cop apologists and cops have howled on this forum against OCers "baiting" cops by OCing, and "trying to get cops to react" so they "can get it on their recorders".

We pretty much shut down those arguments by pointing out that if cops simply observed the 4th and 5th Amendment, and left OCers alone, there wouldn't have to worry about it. And, that even if the OCers were "testing" the cops, there would be nothing wrong with it because its a citizen's duty to keep an eye on government, that sort of thing.

OC for ME

He's refering to the numerous, but not recent, times that cop apologists and cops have howled on this forum against OCers "baiting" cops by OCing, and "trying to get cops to react" so they "can get it on their recorders".

We pretty much shut down those arguments by pointing out that if cops simply observed the 4th and 5th Amendment, and left OCers alone, there wouldn't have to worry about it. And, that even if the OCers were "testing" the cops, there would be nothing wrong with it because its a citizen's duty to keep an eye on government, that sort of thing.
Dang.....I was gunna slam him with just one word.....Texas subforum. I gotta get me a cup of coffee so I can keep up.

Maverick9

How are you gonna get this on film? It's rarer than Bigfoot?!

sudden valley gunner

We all individually make choices and we each are ultimately the only one responsible for those choices. We can take the high road.......or not.

What would an honorable person do if he/she found an old worn purse with $106.83 and a check balance of $91.10 in a parking lot on Dec 20th with ID in it showing a tired, elderly grandmother? A few would remove the money, throw the purse aside, and thank their good fortune. Not "bad people" were tempted.

Believing in the general goodness of people, IMO most would contact the owner and return it eschewing any reward.

A few rare people would add a C-note or two and wish her a Merry Christmas......and mean every word of it.

Like I said, we all individually make choices.

I don't think coming across someone else's property equates to foraging for food. Maybe that's just me.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Grapeshot

So you have a problem with pursuing/prosecuting poachers and hunters who deliberately break the law? Poaching and other forms of illegal hunting have become a problem of varying degrees in almost all states.

Most hunters are ethical and scrupulously follow the laws to their and our credit. Sorry that some are frustrated by not bagging "their" deer, but that is just part of the experience. It does not excuse crossing the line and IMO should not be given a free pass.

We even have a rule to that effect:
This looks like a personal attack to me.

And, a big stretch. Its quit apparent that I was criticizing IN DNR for its priorities, not excusing the citizens. The moderator even threw the Rule 15 card (we advocate for the law-abiding only).

The only way he can reach that interpretation of my words is if he adds it himself.

Rather than expressly highlight false premises and calmly explain why they're false premises, he launches an antagonistic attack.
Would be funny if you didn't have such an apparent agenda and dislike for rules applied in accordance with policy.

Someone recently accused me of using moderation (edit & deletion) to make my point - I willing plead guilty to that as those are the tools provided. Ignoring the proper procedure to report perceived transgressions of a Moderator and thereby going off-topic will get my attention, particularly if that user has a history of same.

BTW - quoting a rule and giving a reason has never been "antagonistic."

OC for ME

For maximum effect, and to address the poor choice of words "We're hunting humans..." can I get a license for that, or is a badge sufficient or all that you need.

Primus

Just need a badge there is no tag limit either and its open season all year.

sudden valley gunner

You betcha. You can run but you'll get caught tired.

I'm proud of my ability to "hunt" bad guys. 90% of the time there is no violence involved just cat and mouse.

Yea but in proper context it's hunting humans.

We already proved the lie that it isn't "violence".