Thread: foxnews ATF reportedly used rogue tactics in a half-dozen cities

foxnews ATF reportedly used rogue tactics in a half-dozen cities

No surprise here.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013...-dozen-cities/

Nothing will be done

Mike

Banned
    The article keeps calling these "gun buyback programs." Although a horrible misnomer, that title refers to programs run by government agencies (not the feds) to "guns off the streets" with "no questions asked." Yet the article also calls these programs "under cover" and "sting" operations. Which is it? An above-board (but silly) guns-off-the-street program or a deceptive undercover sting operation?

This article is really poor at communicating the details.

BTW, if the ATF is presenting these programs as typical "buybacks," but is deceiving the sellers, then there is an upside (among all the downsides): Folks will begin to lose confidence in real "buybacks," wondering if the promise of "no questions asked" will be violated, wondering if they are being set up.

Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    The article keeps calling these "gun buyback programs." Although a horrible misnomer, that title refers to programs run by government agencies (not the feds) to "guns off the streets" with "no questions asked." Yet the article also calls these programs "under cover" and "sting" operations. Which is it? An above-board (but silly) guns-off-the-street program or a deceptive undercover sting operation?

This article is really poor at communicating the details.

BTW, if the ATF is presenting these programs as typical "buybacks," but is deceiving the sellers, then there is an upside (among all the downsides): Folks will begin to lose confidence in real "buybacks," wondering if the promise of "no questions asked" will be violated, wondering if they are being set up.
    I took it as they used the "buybacks" to try and build inroads or try and come up with people to target. And if it destroys the confidence in such programs, good! They're a farce anyways and I don't want my tax dollars going to such wastes of money.

MilwaukeWatchdog Report ATF uses rogue tactics in storefront stings across the nation

I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.