Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pre-LOBBY DAY dinner 2016

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA

Pre-LOBBY DAY dinner 2016

It's become almost custom to have dinner the night before Lobby Day for those who arrive in Richmond the night before, or who live in the area.

This year, our dinner will be January 19, 2014, 6:30 PM at the Hibachi Sushi and Supreme Buffet
    (Westland Shopping Center)
    8087 W Broad St
    Richmond VA 23294
    https://hibachisushiandsupremebuffet.com/

We don't really need an RSVP, but the restaurant would probably appreciate an estimate of the number of people attending, so if you plan to, please RSVP here, or at the facebook event
    https://www.facebook.com/events/195702067284754/?ref=3&ref_newsfeed_story_type=regular
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 01-08-2017 at 08:29 AM. Reason: edited title
    Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population. -Albert Einstein

Founder's Club Member
    Thanks for kicking this off, Tess.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    This promises to be a really big, well attended dinner with a lot of discussion about Lobby Day.

Good one to not miss
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Obviously the coupons are in case you want to check it out pre lobby day

Two possible Tess!

Quote Originally Posted by ClumsyCandy View Post
    Obviously the coupons are in case you want to check it out pre lobby day

Two possible Tess!
    Good catch on expiration date, BUT they do normally have such every month.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 12-11-2013 at 01:27 AM. Reason: speeling
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Would love to make this but I can't make the drive two days in a row to Richmond... Any breakfast plans on the 20th?

Quote Originally Posted by AFCop View Post
    Would love to make this but I can't make the drive two days in a row to Richmond... Any breakfast plans on the 20th?
    Breakfast prior to Lobby Day festivities will be at River City Diner on Parham Rd near I-95 - think they open at 7:30 A.M. on week days.

Historically wew meet at River City Diner on Parham Road @ I-95 to pre-load on carbs and coffee.

Think I'll go ahead and make a post suggesting it. Worst that can happen is everybody will say why they want to eat somewhere else but not suggest an alternate site, so we end up at RCD anyhow.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    Historically wew meet at River City Diner on Parham Road @ I-95 to pre-load on carbs and coffee.

Think I'll go ahead and make a post suggesting it. Worst that can happen is everybody will say why they want to eat somewhere else but not suggest an alternate site, so we end up at RCD anyhow.

stay safe.
    River City Diner enjoys quick and easy access to downtown Richmond and the GAB. That and the service and food are both top notch.

Pre Lobby Day breakfast is posted.

I'll make you the same offer I made someone else re: breakfast -

Come on downfor dinner the day before. You can sleep in your car in my driveway.

I'd invite you in but between the alleged snoring and the sight of me getting up for a drink of water in the middle of the night, the car is probably safer. Besides, if you did come in all I could offer is a recliner - it's right in th path from my bed to the refrigerator where the cold water is.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Founder's Club Member
    Consider 2 more for the wife and I. Glad to see a pre-Lobby Day dinner scheduled this year. I don't recall anything similar being coordinated the past couple years for the night before.

Quote Originally Posted by jmelvin View Post
    Consider 2 more for the wife and I. Glad to see a pre-Lobby Day dinner scheduled this year. I don't recall anything similar being coordinated the past couple years for the night before.
    There was, but it was generally announced belatedly. Often was at Bottoms Up Pizza in Shockoe Bottom - tough parking down there and rough neighborhood. One year a certain person relieved a would be mugger of his shoes AND sent his date, who complained about his reaction, home in a cab by herself.

We really need a strong unified front.

Saw this from Md. and was impressed. Good turn out and great camera angle.

Opponents to gun control legislation in Maryland hold a rally in Annapolis, Md. on Wednesday, Feb. 6, 2013. (Photo: AP)
    http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013...rol-proposals/

Skid... thanks for the offer but I've slept in a car before, it's not fun.. lol

If anyone from the Hampton Roads area is up for a carpool/room share for a hotel/motel, that'd be an option... Then again, no school for the kiddos so it might be a good civics lesson for my 14 year old... either way, will def be at breakfast... I'm used to getting up at 330 in the am nowadays anyway.

+7

Alright... the schedule is set.. The wife, kids and I are coming to Richmond Sunday... Gonna hotel it up and me and the older two (14 and 12) are gonna tag along for a civics lesson.

This is a kid friendly event, yes?

Alright... the schedule is set.. The wife, kids and I are coming to Richmond Sunday... Gonna hotel it up and me and the older two (14 and 12) are gonna tag along for a civics lesson.

This is a kid friendly event
    , yes?
    With no doubt at all !!

It is said that women are golden to the cause.

Kids (they are our future) take it to Platinum..... and they will have a great time too.

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA
    If anyone else is interested, spouse and I and son will be at the Best Western Plus Glen Allen, as will at least one other VCDL couple we know. That hotel is not downtown near the capitol, but is close to River City Diner. It will be the fourth year we've done the hotel thing, and it's well worth it to us.
    Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population. -Albert Einstein

I'll be making the dinner also, had more than enough hotel points from my work travels to get a free night at a West Broad location.

Lock two in and one possible.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Think that this dinner has the capacity to set a new standard/record - at the least, it should be a very safe location for a nice meal.

More important though will be the turn out at the GAB on the morrow following.

Making plans to be there…,

but I don't know how many it will be for us. Could be just me, or several more at this point. My planning has been bulldozed for one reason or twenty others the last couple of months. We'll just have to see. I'm afraid to ask what's next!

sidestreet

Jeremiah 29 vs. 11-13

we are not equal, we will never be equal, but we must be relentless.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Think that this dinner has the capacity to set a new standard/record - at the least, it should be a very safe location for a nice meal.

More important though will be the turn out at the GAB on the morrow following.
    Quote Originally Posted by sidestreet View Post
    but I don't know how many it will be for us. Could be just me, or several more at this point. My planning has been bulldozed for one reason or twenty others the last couple of months. We'll just have to see. I'm afraid to ask what's next!

sidestreet

Jeremiah 29 vs. 11-13

we are not equal, we will never be equal, but we must be relentless.
    Was rather pleasantly surprised at the large turnout at the Richmond VCDL pre-lobby day meeting.

Guess that not chanting war cries, doesn't mean not preparing for battle. Saw a substantial and dedicated group of warriors.

Is it Sunday and Monday yet? This is going to be great.

Quote Originally Posted by kennys View Post
    Is it Sunday and Monday yet? This is going to be great.

No - it is still Sunday evening for the pre-Lobby Day dinner, Monday morning for the breakfast, then on to the GAB.

Think of it as the preparation for 2nd Battle of Little Big Horn. My war pony will wear blaze orange GSL markings.

I know that, will be there for all three, just ready to start. (Are we there yet) Friday is over to late for work to resend my PTO day and I was quite clear, not answering the phone till Tuesday.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast