• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Pre-LOBBY DAY dinner 2016

Tess

Founder's Club Member
It's become almost custom to have dinner the night before Lobby Day for those who arrive in Richmond the night before, or who live in the area.

This year, our dinner will be January 19, 2014, 6:30 PM at the Hibachi Sushi and Supreme Buffet
(Westland Shopping Center)
8087 W Broad St
Richmond VA 23294
https://hibachisushiandsupremebuffet.com/

We don't really need an RSVP, but the restaurant would probably appreciate an estimate of the number of people attending, so if you plan to, please RSVP here, or at the facebook event
https://www.facebook.com/events/195702067284754/?ref=3&ref_newsfeed_story_type=regular

Last edited by a moderator:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
This promises to be a really big, well attended dinner with a lot of discussion about Lobby Day.

Good one to not miss
icon14.png

AFCop

Would love to make this but I can't make the drive two days in a row to Richmond... Any breakfast plans on the 20th?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Would love to make this but I can't make the drive two days in a row to Richmond... Any breakfast plans on the 20th?
Breakfast prior to Lobby Day festivities will be at River City Diner on Parham Rd near I-95 - think they open at 7:30 A.M. on week days.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran

Historically wew meet at River City Diner on Parham Road @ I-95 to pre-load on carbs and coffee.

Think I'll go ahead and make a post suggesting it. Worst that can happen is everybody will say why they want to eat somewhere else but not suggest an alternate site, so we end up at RCD anyhow.

stay safe.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Historically wew meet at River City Diner on Parham Road @ I-95 to pre-load on carbs and coffee.

Think I'll go ahead and make a post suggesting it. Worst that can happen is everybody will say why they want to eat somewhere else but not suggest an alternate site, so we end up at RCD anyhow.

stay safe.

River City Diner enjoys quick and easy access to downtown Richmond and the GAB. That and the service and food are both top notch.

Pre Lobby Day breakfast is posted.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran

I'll make you the same offer I made someone else re: breakfast -

Come on downfor dinner the day before. You can sleep in your car in my driveway.

I'd invite you in but between the alleged snoring and the sight of me getting up for a drink of water in the middle of the night, the car is probably safer. Besides, if you did come in all I could offer is a recliner - it's right in th path from my bed to the refrigerator where the cold water is.

stay safe.

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
Consider 2 more for the wife and I. Glad to see a pre-Lobby Day dinner scheduled this year. I don't recall anything similar being coordinated the past couple years for the night before.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Consider 2 more for the wife and I. Glad to see a pre-Lobby Day dinner scheduled this year. I don't recall anything similar being coordinated the past couple years for the night before.

There was, but it was generally announced belatedly. Often was at Bottoms Up Pizza in Shockoe Bottom - tough parking down there and rough neighborhood. One year a certain person relieved a would be mugger of his shoes AND sent his date, who complained about his reaction, home in a cab by herself.

AFCop

Skid... thanks for the offer but I've slept in a car before, it's not fun.. lol

If anyone from the Hampton Roads area is up for a carpool/room share for a hotel/motel, that'd be an option... Then again, no school for the kiddos so it might be a good civics lesson for my 14 year old... either way, will def be at breakfast... I'm used to getting up at 330 in the am nowadays anyway.

AFCop

+7

Alright... the schedule is set.. The wife, kids and I are coming to Richmond Sunday... Gonna hotel it up and me and the older two (14 and 12) are gonna tag along for a civics lesson.

This is a kid friendly event, yes?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Alright... the schedule is set.. The wife, kids and I are coming to Richmond Sunday... Gonna hotel it up and me and the older two (14 and 12) are gonna tag along for a civics lesson.

This is a kid friendly event
, yes?

With no doubt at all !!

It is said that women are golden to the cause.

Kids (they are our future) take it to Platinum..... and they will have a great time too.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
If anyone else is interested, spouse and I and son will be at the Best Western Plus Glen Allen, as will at least one other VCDL couple we know. That hotel is not downtown near the capitol, but is close to River City Diner. It will be the fourth year we've done the hotel thing, and it's well worth it to us.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Think that this dinner has the capacity to set a new standard/record - at the least, it should be a very safe location for a nice meal. :)

More important though will be the turn out at the GAB on the morrow following.